Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We will know you are finished when you disassemble the boat shed.
Right now, you are cleaning up and straightening up for the next stage.
Considering your starting point, currently, you are almost finished.
Onward through the next stage.

I need summer to come so I can paint.

That's right. You guys are backward to us. Our warm months in my area are end of March to the beginning of November. I guess I should say opposite of us.

Greetings,
Mr. H. "... and will make dicking hard." I thought it was supposed to be....um, er. Hmmm....There's obviously a LOT I don't know about Australia.

That's right. You guys are backward to us. Our warm months in my area are end of March to the beginning of November. I guess I should say opposite of us.

You should have said we’re “backward” from them. Actually I’m sure you should find a good word to replace the word backward. Is the edit function still up?

You should have said we’re “backward” from them. Actually I’m sure you should find a good word to replace the word backward. Is the edit function still up?
Yes and nope. It timed out before I got back home. No editing my post. :nonono:

Sydney winter was between 2-6C this morning,varying with location. But it`s sunny, and will hit 18C today.
When the US/Canadian brief summer ends,we`ll be warming again(too much, say the warmists). Winter equinox past, our daylight is lengthening, yours is already shortening.:D

Ran out of things to do on the electrics until next Wednesday so I finished off a little bit of upholstery around the window and then started on the window trims

IMG_2525.jpg
IMG_2528.jpg
IMG_2529.jpg
IMG_2530.jpg
IMG_2533.jpg
IMG_2532.jpg

Looking good.
Remember to put the plug in the bilge before you put the boat in the water. SMIRK
You are keeping up with the written wiring diagram?

This arvo at the boat I fixed off some trim for around the window. Next week I’ll run the router over the leading edge, chuck on some filler then give it a sand and a couple of coats of undercoat. Unsure of colour. I might paint the whole lot white. Will look good once the blinds go in.

IMG_2545.jpg
IMG_2546.jpg
IMG_2547.jpg
IMG_2548.jpg

Those window picts [especially #2 down] are really beautiful and very much project female vibes!!! Great going mate!

Hahaha sorry mate. Auto correct. I meant docking

We knew that. It's just RTF's twisted sensayuma. :D

By the way, on that thruster issue. I think you'll find, with your already extensive boat driving experience, that you won't miss a thruster. Solstice is lighter and smaller, with less windage by far than my Clipper (CHB) 34, which weighed 11 tonnes, yet after about the first 3 times going out and back in, I never missed a thruster at all. :nonono: :socool:

This afternoon at the boat I routered the leading edge of the sill with a 20mm pencil round then gave it a little sand, taped it all up then I applied 2 coats of undercoat/sealer/primer. Tomorrow the sparky comes to do the 240v electrical hook up, testing and hopefully sign off on an electrical safety certificate which I will need for her survey and insurance requirements.

IMG_2570.jpg
IMG_2571.jpg
IMG_2572.jpg
IMG_2573.jpg

Hot Digity Dog! PRETTY windows and HOT wires. SOLSTICE is becoming quite the show Gal!

This afternoon at the boat I routered the leading edge of the sill with a 20mm pencil round then gave it a little sand, taped it all up then I applied 2 coats of undercoat/sealer/primer. Tomorrow the sparky comes to do the 240v electrical hook up, testing and hopefully sign off on an electrical safety certificate which I will need for her survey and insurance requirements.

View attachment 78757
View attachment 78758
View attachment 78759
View attachment 78760

That is over the top detailing. That looks most excellent. :thumb:

The boat had her first onboard dog and her name was Riley. She loved it. This afternoon the sparky started hooking up the 240v cabling to a set of circuit breakers and began wiring up the shore power switch from inverter to shore power. Whilst that was happening I was filling the nail and screw holes in the sill and sanding that and giving it another coat of undercoat. I’ll give it two more coats then leave it for when my mate Mike comes in to paint the interior trims.

Pretty good day today

IMG_2578.jpg
IMG_2580.jpg
IMG_2582.jpg
IMG_2585.jpg
IMG_2586.jpg
IMG_2587.jpg
IMG_2590.jpg
IMG_2591.jpg

The dog is busy looking for HIS underway seat.

"Pretty good day today"

Sounds/looks like another great day!

Dogs aboard are easy to keep track of... Cats not so much!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom