Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a lot done over the last couple day do all that was done was a bit of sanding a filling on the centre windscreen area.

Hopefully get back into the swing of it on Monday

IMG_1480775311.763526.jpg

This afternoon I finished fairing around the centre windscreen and routered the outer edges. I then applied Jotafair to the roof overhang and sanded fillets on the last of the hatch openings

IMG_1480923538.795160.jpg
IMG_1480923550.489307.jpg
IMG_1480923566.863255.jpg
IMG_1480923579.132787.jpg

Matt me Mate - - >

WOW - The same feeling I get every time I see your non-stop productive progress!

I'm almost afraid to ask... but... how many hrs. is your estimate that you will have lovingly provided SOLSTICE by the time she makes The Big Splash??

Bro - Art

Matt me Mate - - >

WOW - The same feeling I get every time I see your non-stop productive progress!

I'm almost afraid to ask... but... how many hrs. is your estimate that you will have lovingly provided SOLSTICE by the time she makes The Big Splash??

Bro - Art

Hi mate. I worked it out a little while ago. It's around 6,500hrs across 312 weeks which equates to around 20hrs per week.

Hi mate. I worked it out a little while ago. It's around 6,500hrs across 312 weeks which equates to around 20hrs per week.

Again... the word WOW comes in to play!! :thumb: :D :dance:

Just found this thread. I will never sweat another lower unit rebuild again ... ever. Amazing.

Ok that's another afternoon down. The centre windscreen and roof soffit are faired and completed ready for barrier coating and lastly the Port roof soffit was skim coated in Jotafair.

IMG_1481104719.275611.jpg
IMG_1481104732.082570.jpg
IMG_1481104743.409441.jpg

My buddy trained his Golden Retriever to fetch beer from the fridge. All it took was to tie a towel on the door for him to open it.

Looking great mate

Sorry but no pics today. I left my phone in the car and it freaked out because of the heat. I did manage to epoxy barrier coat the centre soffit and windscreen surround. I also moved the scaff and began to fibreglass the external and internal corners of the fwd cabin around the Portside gunwale

Last edited:
That's OK... Try not to freak out too noticeably in front of SOLSTICE, she seems a tender gal - LOL

"The builder of a boat acts under a compulsion greater than himself."--John Steinbeck, The Log From The Sea of Cortez

Righto so I finally got down to SOLSTICE today. Bloody work getting in the way of progress again lol. Today I sanded down the glass work I did last Friday and skim coated it with Jotafair.

IMG_7741.jpg
IMG_7743.jpg

Looks like SOLSTICE will have a Very Merry Christmas... with a Happy New Year... You keep giving her so many cosmetic gifts! :D

Merry and Happy to you and Felicity TOO!!! :thumb::noel:

Looks like SOLSTICE will have a Very Merry Christmas... with a Happy New Year... You keep giving her so many cosmetic gifts! :D

Merry and Happy to you and Felicity TOO!!! :thumb::noel:

Ah thanks mate. Hope you and your family have a Safe and Merry Christmas too :)

Matt my friend,
Happy New Years bud! May your keel get wet this year, you've put enough blood sweat and tears in to the mistress.
Cheers bud, John

Matt my friend,
Happy New Years bud! May your keel get wet this year, you've put enough blood sweat and tears in to the mistress.
Cheers bud, John

Like he said, mate. Hope all is well, and you're enjoying a wee Xmas season break, before you tear into it again. We are all looking forwards to her getting her bottom wet this coming year.

Have a great New Year, :popcorn:

2017 will be great for Matt but pricy for me. I seem to have developed a Tim Tam addiction that's bound to lead to an import license. :)

Matt, good buddy.

I want 2017 to be really great for you and Felicity!

Cheers! Art

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom