Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Mr. M. Too late (post#3044). Mr. H. These seem to have some back support.

img_BriefPopup.jpg

Might help to alleviate the back strain AND they're frilly as well...

Looks like Aussie army pants!

So today I did some sanding of yesterday's fairing and then did a little bit of fairing filler touch ups then jumped onto the scaffold and started to key the surface of the epoxy barrier coat on the superstructure, roof freeze and hull sides in preparation for primer on Saturday

IMG_1478769569.734837.jpg
IMG_1478769583.318768.jpg
IMG_1478769595.652485.jpg
IMG_1478769605.922360.jpg

So... I'm wondering... How you find time enough for everything???

Average sleep hours per day??

I average 7 hrs. [9:30 PM - 4:30 AM]. Some times an extra hr. in the morning on Saturday and/or Sunday.

Your sleep hours???

So... I'm wondering... How you find time enough for everything???

Average sleep hours per day??

I average 7 hrs. [9:30 PM - 4:30 AM]. Some times an extra hr. in the morning on Saturday and/or Sunday.

Your sleep hours???

Lol

Ok so I go to bed around 2330hrs. Up around 0500hrs and on the road at 0530hrs. Work 8-10hrs per day then spend around 3-4hrs on SOLSTICE plus 1hr travel time from home to and from her hardstand. Don't usually get home till around 1930hrs.

Last edited:
Nautical lingo and now the military time reference, is there no end to your skills?

The frilly knickers are a bit over the top!

Keep up the good work Mate, she's gonna be a head turner!

Looking great to the power of 8. What a difference the primer is making to the visualization. WOW. I have converted several of my dockmates to the TF to see the one man NAVY that is building a sporty vessel down under. You are talented beyond description.
Dave

Nautical lingo and now the military time reference, is there no end to your skills?

Ah yeah that'll be a result of my 16 years in the Australian Army as an Engineer (sapper, ginger beer) mate ;-). That's why Mr Cofer had a cheeky dig at me yesterday lol [emoji23]

Last edited:
Looking great to the power of 8. What a difference the primer is making to the visualization. WOW. I have converted several of my dockmates to the TF to see the one man NAVY that is building a sporty vessel down under. You are talented beyond description.
Dave

Oh really? Lol wow that's awesome. Hello Daves friends [emoji106]?[emoji482][emoji847]

"Gonna be"??? Heck... my head turns with each photo post from Matt!! :dance:

Ok so this afternoon was all about preparing for the shooting of tomorrow's HB primer. Did a little bit of sanding but concentrated on taping up and washing down. Have a little bit of sanding to do around the first two Port holes in the morning then it'll be final wipe down with prepers then it's paint time.

IMG_1478855787.845699.jpg
IMG_1478855798.480941.jpg
IMG_1478855812.031695.jpg
IMG_1478855823.817005.jpg
IMG_1478855835.234035.jpg

Yo Matt

First two photo angles clearly display one of the most uniquely, artfully designed boat hulls I've ever seen. Superstructure design is extremely cool. Vast Majority of It All - Straight from your inventively clear mind to your hands!

Last two picts make her look like a Beautiful Bashful Princess, peaking out from under her covers, knowing her time in the lime light (err... splash water!) is coming ever closer.

Happy Personal-Boat-Design Daze! - Art :speed boat:

Last edited:
The man had a vision, and the fortitude and tenacity to see it through. If the Lord needs another ark I think He would tap Matt for the job.

Now, I'm stocking up on popcorn to get ready for the painting. I think Matt and I know what she will look like. Great work, Matt.:thumb::socool:

Here's hoping she floats on her lines.

That's the real test isn't it. I'm flabbergasted at Matt's perseverance & dedication to this project. I check in once in awhile and am totally blown away by the progress that I see!

I can't imagine taking on a project of that magnitude!

Yo Matt

First two photo angles clearly display one of the most uniquely, artfully designed boat hulls I've ever seen. Superstructure design is extremely cool. Vast Majority of It All - Straight from your inventively clear mind to your hands!

Last two picts make her look like a Beautiful Bashful Princess, peaking out from under her covers, knowing her time in the lime light (err... splash water!) is coming ever closer.

Happy Personal-Boat-Design Daze! - Art :speed boat:

Haha mate I'd like to believe ya but really it's a combination of a number of vessels I like and a fluke I managed make it stick lol.

The man had a vision, and the fortitude and tenacity to see it through. If the Lord needs another ark I think He would tap Matt for the job.

Now, I'm stocking up on popcorn to get ready for the painting. I think Matt and I know what she will look like. Great work, Matt.:thumb::socool:

Yes sir I'll call the final colour moonstruck shine [emoji23]

What's floating on her lines? As in hoping she floats?

That's the real test isn't it. I'm flabbergasted at Matt's perseverance & dedication to this project. I check in once in awhile and am totally blown away by the progress that I see!

I can't imagine taking on a project of that magnitude!

Thanks mate that's very nice of you to say. Thanks for the support mate. Helps me stay motivated

Today was paint day and the weather didn't disappoint. Pretty happy with the first shot of HB Primer and the fairness of her lines in the semigloss reflections.

IMG_1478926166.378257.jpg
IMG_1478926177.063623.jpg
IMG_1478926187.966455.jpg
IMG_1478926198.598359.jpg
IMG_1478926212.016580.jpg
IMG_1478926227.669146.jpg
IMG_1478926237.617255.jpg
IMG_1478926248.407892.jpg
IMG_1478926259.690237.jpg

I can't wait to drink a VB while swimming off that duckboard.

Yes sir you're welcome anytime.

Yeah, but you'll offer Craig something a bit nicer than that cat's .... they call VB, eh Hendo. That's...I can hardly bring myself to utter the word...'Victoran'...surely you guys in WA (West Australia, not Washington - for USAyans), have a better beer than that..?
:eek:

I'll send you some real WA beer instead of that weak OZ pee water!

Isn`t "cat`s pee" reserved for NZ Sauvignon Blanc.

After I cleaned up from shooting the primer I decided I'd skim coat the Starboard bow to finish off the rest of the day.

IMG_1478938731.541199.jpg
IMG_1478938743.259435.jpg
IMG_1478938754.326312.jpg
IMG_1478938784.765045.jpg
IMG_1478938797.210437.jpg

Yeah, but you'll offer Craig something a bit nicer than that cat's .... they call VB, eh Hendo. That's...I can hardly bring myself to utter the word...'Victoran'...surely you guys in WA (West Australia, not Washington - for USAyans), have a better beer than that..?
:eek:

I'm a 38yo Australian male. I'll drink anything mate. By choice is stock Hahn SuperDry stubbies

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom