Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad you both had great and productive vaca. :thumb:

In general, Flic's fish looks bigger than yours... jus sayen!! :eek: :whistling: :dance:

Hahaha yeah it was bigger. I went for quantity not quality lol

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum

Man that looks like fun, been awhile since I jumped in the water for fun. Might have to break out the hooka and dive the boat but look the other way for once!

Get out there mate and post pics. Id love to see species from around the world

Hahaha yeah it was bigger. I went for quantity not quality lol

There in lies the distinct diff twixt most guys and gals... Linda and I are same way... except in bed, of course... then we both want both! :whistling: :rofl: :D :thumb: :socool:

Definitely a slicer----not a pusher.

Judging from pics of the past suspect she's not unusual in this way. Angle of entry is probably typical for that kind of boat. Cameras both w lens wide angle and on the tele side have a strong tendency to distort the image enough to make the photographed item look way different that in reality. I think Matt's boat is very normal in this way.
Would'nt want that Frigate anyway ... probably a very wet boat. And who wants a grey yacht? Actually there's a grey NT behiend us at the marina that I really like.

Ok, ok, ok...cut the cackle...back to finishing the ruddy boat, eh..? I turn 70 next birthday. Rate we're goin' I might not get to see it finished and wet...
:eek: :nonono: :D

I'm 38... at least that's what I've been saying for years now! :dance:

I'm 38... at least that's what I've been saying for years now! :dance:

My parents tried that trick when we were kids. The were locked on 32 for years...until we twigged... :facepalm:

My parents tried that trick when we were kids. The were locked on 32 for years...until we twigged... :facepalm:

What trick... no trick... I'm 38 - Just ask me!! :thumb:

Twigged? - Means?? ... Aussie slang, I guess :D

Judging from pics of the past suspect she's not unusual in this way. Angle of entry is probably typical for that kind of boat. Cameras both w lens wide angle and on the tele side have a strong tendency to distort the image enough to make the photographed item look way different that in reality. I think Matt's boat is very normal in this way.

Would'nt want that Frigate anyway ... probably a very wet boat. And who wants a grey yacht? Actually there's a grey NT behiend us at the marina that I really like.

Unusually usual or usually unusual lol

Ok, ok, ok...cut the cackle...back to finishing the ruddy boat, eh..? I turn 70 next birthday. Rate we're goin' I might not get to see it finished and wet...

:eek: :nonono: :D

Lol I mightn't see it finished and wet mate lol

Twigged = caught on to the gag, realised, became aware etc

Thanks fer setten me straight, mate!

I'd figured twigged must mean when one got old enough to get the joke. Ya know... like a twig of a tree growing into a sturdy trunk so it can take some weight. Guess I wasn't too far off.

Here's a funny:

When grand kids were 5 and 7 years old the following song was often on one off-beat radio station. DJ would make funny (adult - understandable) under tone remarks about Santa's three female Ho's and fact that one had gone missing on Santa. We'd be driving along in my 1967 Buick Wildcat and all four of us would be laughing our asses off that Santa has Lost a Ho of his. Kids had no idea what the word "HO" was actually implying... i.e. they had not "twigged" yet. That song lasted in vogue for only a few months. Haven't heard it on the radio since.

So... now that the girl is getting to 13 and the boy is 15 it won't be too long from now that Linda and I will sit them down to listen to this song again with us. We'll just watch their faces... to see if they have "twigged"!

Twigged is cool term - I'm going to begin using it!

Happy Twiggen Daze! -Art - :D

Thanks fer setten me straight, mate!

I'd figured twigged must mean when one got old enough to get the joke. Ya know... like a twig of a tree growing into a sturdy trunk so it can take some weight. Guess I wasn't too far off.

Here's a funny:

When grand kids were 5 and 7 years old the following song was often on one off-beat radio station. DJ would make funny (adult - understandable) under tone remarks about Santa's three female Ho's and fact that one had gone missing on Santa. We'd be driving along in my 1967 Buick Wildcat and all four of us would be laughing our asses off that Santa has Lost a Ho of his. Kids had no idea what the word "HO" was actually implying... i.e. they had not "twigged" yet. That song lasted in vogue for only a few months. Haven't heard it on the radio since.

So... now that the girl is getting to 13 and the boy is 15 it won't be too long from now that Linda and I will sit them down to listen to this song again with us. We'll just watch their faces... to see if they have "twigged"!

Twigged is cool term - I'm going to begin using it!

Happy Twiggen Daze! -Art - :D

Hahaha thanks for the story bro. Can't wait to hear if they've twigged yet. Chances are the have lol.

I'm keen to see this 67' Buick mate! Any pics?

Ok so this arvo I got back into gear spent a couple of hours working on a fillet before it got dark and the mozzies went to town on me

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1462792209.227889.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1462792224.481028.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1462792236.828937.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1462792294.669410.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1462792308.751283.jpg

Hahaha thanks for the story bro. Can't wait to hear if they've twigged yet. Chances are the have lol.

I'm keen to see this 67' Buick mate! Any pics?

Here you go Matt...

Boat floats down canals. Wildcat flies down highways! Both modes of transportation attract the heck out of me!! :socool:

Attachments

• Art's 1967 Wildcat - All Orig - 4-2013 122K Mi.jpg
    Art's 1967 Wildcat - All Orig - 4-2013 122K Mi.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 2A - CAT.JPG
    2A - CAT.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 85
Nice.I have a 71 Buick Skylark.It's been in my family since new.It's torque monster.

Nice.I have a 71 Buick Skylark.It's been in my family since new.It's torque monster.

Since professional rebuild to orig specs: Has first 5K mi on 430 cid, 10.5 to 1 cr, 490 fpt, 360 hp Wildcat engine. Broke her in correctly... She screams now when I let her loose!

130K miles total on the car; 49 yrs old this year. :thumb:

Shoot me a pm when it needs a new garage Art

Don't plan to sell! Had her since 1998. Looking down that endless white hood... she makes me think I'm at sea while driving hwy... aircraft carrier like - to be exact!!

Now back to the regular station... Matt's amazing boat restoration. :thumb:

Didn't mean to hijack...

Since professional rebuild to orig specs: Has first 5K mi on 430 cid, 10.5 to 1 cr, 490 fpt, 360 hp Wildcat engine. Broke her in correctly... She screams now when I let her loose!

Art, I'm sure you love her, but over here we used to call all those kinds of cars, "Yank Tanks". :hide:
We Antipodean car lovers favour something a little more sophisticated...like my 26 year old precious below, which is a 1990 model, and I still drive her every day...guess what it is..? Sorry re thread hijack...he started it...

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 191
Here you go Matt...

Boat floats down canals. Wildcat flies down highways! Both modes of transportation attract the heck out of me!! :socool:

That's HOT..!!!! I love it. Thanks for the pics mate.

Stopppp I'm getting excited like Tim the tool man does haha

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom