Haha thank you kind sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum
Old 07-17-2015, 02:19 AM   #1882
Guru

City: Perth
Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codger2 View Post
I am sooo impressed with your "determination and downright doggedness" you have shown on this project! If I had "half" the patience and commitment that you have......

Keep it up!

Wow thanks mate. So nice to hear.

It's hard to describe. In the early days it was a lot harder. Sanding and filing an upturned hull.

Many times I almost threw in the towel but determination got me through it.

Nowadays, it's different.

I've invested soooo much time and just about the same in dollars $$$ that I can't quit. Even if i wanted to I don't think I could walk away purely based on a financial loss.

I have my days and moments but seeing pictures of people's boats on here and stories of catching fish help me.

It mightn't seem like much but comments like yours help push me along, especially when I'm on a sander thinking about the support I've been getting and the kind words that people say about this.

Thanks again!

Old 07-17-2015, 02:21 AM   #1883
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post
Hey mate, she is sure looking good. You are doing an outstanding job

Hi mate.

Thanks for your post and support.

Old 07-17-2015, 02:27 AM   #1884
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
wow, looks so good as it takes on the basis of the final finish.

Thanks Bruce. It's an exciting time. Getting to this stage has seen a weird kind of feeling lifted of my shoulders. I mean I still have many months of sanding ahead of me but I'm relieved to have made it this far.

I have a lot of you to thank for that. If not for the messages of support and people pointing out potential issues like the hook in the hull which was the precursor for the hull extension and the ventilation issues then this project would be a flop

I can't thank you guys enough.

Old 07-17-2015, 02:31 AM   #1885
Guru

Ok so this afternoon I skim costed the port side. It's pretty cold here atm and with the winter rains set to be here for the next week, I'm not sure how much I'll get done as this will slow the curing processes down, pushing back the sanding but I'll keep on it and keep doing what I can. There's plenty of things to do haha.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1437118246.769596.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	42180
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1437118261.170349.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	42181

Old 07-17-2015, 08:10 AM   #1886
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Mr. BK. "...basis of the final finish." Haven't been boating long have you? Not to throw water on the works but a boat is NEVER finished, only completed to the point of being usable. That being said, after 1880 posts, I suspect this is the longest running thread in the history of TF and rightly so. An EPIC journey from the humble beginnings of a keel and a few ribs to the magnificent structure we are now presented with in Mr. H's pictorial ongoing build-alogue. What the Axe team has accomplished thus far is nothing short of outstanding and truly commendable.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:17 AM   #1887
Guru

City: Sarasota,FL/Thomasville,GA
Vessel Name: Steppin Stone IV
Vessel Model: Marine Trader Kelly Trawler 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by codger2 View Post
i am sooo impressed with your "determination and downright doggedness" you have shown on this project! If i had "half" the patience and commitment that you have......

Keep it up!
agree!!!!!!
siestakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:19 AM   #1888
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
Greetings,
Mr. BK. "...basis of the final finish." Haven't been boating long have you? Not to throw water on the works but a boat is NEVER finished, only completed to the point of being usable. That being said, after 1880 posts, I suspect this is the longest running thread in the history of TF and rightly so. An EPIC journey from the humble beginnings of a keel and a few ribs to the magnificent structure we are now presented with in Mr. H's pictorial ongoing build-alogue. What the Axe team has accomplished thus far is nothing short of outstanding and truly commendable.

RT I could not of said it better this is just so amazing to see it coming together

I want to fly down for the launch
Old 07-17-2015, 10:02 AM   #1889
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
In previous years… I've rebuilt portions of classic/antique houses. I've built grand masonry additions to new and old houses as well as in commercial projects. I've rebuilt portions of many wood boats while working at boat-yards in New England... back, when very young. I often do builds on cars and trucks for enjoyment. I consistently build on our properties' landscapes and buildings - in process of additions/improvements right now.

BUT - I have NEVER accomplished or seen the likes of Matt's sheer and utter determination for the detailed design occurrences he is self-providing along with Flic’s help to the creation of an entirely new craft. AXE is not a boat re-build, but rather, AXE is an entirely new creation from “The Mind-of-Matt”!

That might be a good title for boating mags to use when Matt’s project reaches Splash and then Fun-Time-Cruising. Because… after all… this project Matt is accomplishing is epic in the annals of wood boat building. There should certainly be well written articles/stories provided to the boating community so that other mariners outside TF get opportunity to really experience what all we TF members have been blessed to see from the very beginning.

Matt – You are a Star!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:11 AM   #1890
Guru

City: Port Townsend
Vessel Name: The Promise
Vessel Model: Roughwater 35

I couldn't agree more Art. This thread in fact is the one I look for first when logging in to TF.
dhmeissner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 04:26 PM   #1891
Moderator Emeritus

City: Cameron, La
Vessel Name: Baobab
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4788
I think Matt should fly all of us over for the launch LOL. It's looking better every time you post!
dimer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 04:55 PM   #1892
Enigma

Greetings,
Mr. d2. "...should fly all of us over..." I'm SURE Matt would willingly do this but first he'd have to build the plane...

Old 07-17-2015, 07:02 PM   #1893
Moderator Emeritus

City: Cameron, La
Vessel Name: Baobab
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4788
He probably could
dimer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:42 PM   #1894
Guru

City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
Quote:
Greetings,
Mr. BK. "...basis of the final finish." Haven't been boating long have you? Not to throw water on the works but a boat is NEVER finished, only completed to the point of being usable....
RTF, by "basis of the final finish" I meant a surface which was like it would look when smoothed and painted, producing the final "finish". Nothing to do with "finishing" the boat.
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:51 PM   #1895
Enigma

Greetings,
MR. bk. Understood and noted. Apologies.
Old 07-18-2015, 06:45 AM   #1896
Guru

Quote:
Greetings,

Thanks Mate. I'm flattered by your kind words. I'm Just happy to share my journey and do some learning and bounce ideas off members that are more experienced than I and share what I have learnt to people considering doing the same and make some friends along the way, which I have done and will continue to do. Thanks again RT.

Old 07-18-2015, 06:46 AM   #1897
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by siestakey View Post
RT I could not of said it better this is just so amazing to see it coming together

I want to fly down for the launch

Lol I wish I was closer to y'all so you could join in on the occasion. That would be fantastic for sure!

Old 07-18-2015, 06:48 AM   #1898
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
In previous years… I've rebuilt portions of classic/antique houses. I've built grand masonry additions to new and old houses as well as in commercial projects. I've rebuilt portions of many wood boats while working at boat-yards in New England... back, when very young. I often do builds on cars and trucks for enjoyment. I consistently build on our properties' landscapes and buildings - in process of additions/improvements right now.

BUT - I have NEVER accomplished or seen the likes of Matt's sheer and utter determination for the detailed design occurrences he is self-providing along with Flic’s help to the creation of an entirely new craft. AXE is not a boat re-build, but rather, AXE is an entirely new creation from “The Mind-of-Matt”!

That might be a good title for boating mags to use when Matt’s project reaches Splash and then Fun-Time-Cruising. Because… after all… this project Matt is accomplishing is epic in the annals of wood boat building. There should certainly be well written articles/stories provided to the boating community so that other mariners outside TF get opportunity to really experience what all we TF members have been blessed to see from the very beginning.

Matt – You are a Star!

You're a Gentleman and a Scholar!

Thank you for your words of support kind sir!

Old 07-18-2015, 06:49 AM   #1899
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendo78 View Post
Lol I wish I was closer to y'all so you could join in on the occasion. That would be fantastic for sure!

As Much as I travel the world for work never know I may be close at the time
Old 07-18-2015, 06:50 AM   #1900
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhmeissner View Post

I couldn't agree more Art. This thread in fact is the one I look for first when logging in to TF.

Naaw thanks mate.