Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok sooo it’s been a really crap time with the pandemic and that has really slowed things right down. I have managed to get in and work on SOLSTICE from time to time. I have made her dinette table with laser cut name on the splash back, I made the kitchen bench, I made some timber panels and some timber boxes and doors. In addition to that my mate made and stuck her name on the transom and another mate came and made up a stainless strut for the bow sprit.

IMG_6857.JPG
IMG_6863.JPG
IMG_6883.JPG
IMG_6896.JPG
IMG_6900.JPG
IMG_6885.JPG
IMG_6887.JPG
IMG_9472.jpg
IMG_9782.jpg
IMG_9790.jpg

IMG_9803.jpg
IMG_9802.jpg
IMG_9800.jpg
IMG_9801.jpg

In additions to the boat, y’all remember I had a weight loss journey start 16th of Oct 2019. Well I’ve kicked some goals there. I’ve lost 50kgs and just recently won a competition at the gym beating 29 other guys.

Adjustments.jpg
IMG_8485.jpg
IMG_0823.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

Last edited:
Yep. WOW is about all one can say. The workmanship going into this boat has to be seen to be believed. Take care Matt, and stay safe in these unprecedented times. Oh, bugger - that word just slipped out... :D

Fantastic.
Making progress on 2 projects.
Did the gym give you a free dinner too? CHUCKLE

MATT - SIMPLY G-R-E-A-T!!!!!!!!

:thumb::thumb::thumb::dance::dance::dance::dance: :D

Dude...

I'm proud of you.

Congratulations! Keep it up.

Did you check and recalculate Solstice buoyancy balance? You will 50kg in the equation now! :)

L

Good work. Happy to hear the criminal was taken down.

Matt my mate... the SOLSTICE builder and often photo recording man... is back!

She's Looking Good

Last photo shows your extreme attention to the slightest detail. A detail that no one will even see again. i.e. extremely accurate positioning and placement of fabric staples. That truly depicts "detail"!!

I'm so very pleased to see you at "IT" again!

Cheers!

Art

Matt, I'm glad your posting again, I think I was going through withdrawals
Thanks man

Woodwork looks awesome Matt. Love the fleck in quarter-sawn. Nice stable lumber.

That's some fine lookin woodwork ya got there, sir. I'm also glad to have your skinny ass back again!

Had a couple of hours up my sleeve so shot down to the boat. Had a lovely greeting from the fury yard foremen haha. I installed a TV into the master bedroom then cut out some rebates for the windscreen wipers and epoxy coated them then installed the stainless steel bowsprit support leg then installed the kitchen carcasses and benchtops. Not overly excited where the tap is in relation to the 240v GPO but it is what it is. Coming together nicely tho imo

IMG_0988.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_0996.jpg
IMG_0997.jpg
IMG_1002.jpg
IMG_0999.jpg
IMG_1005.jpg
IMG_1010.jpg
IMG_1011.jpg
IMG_1012.jpg

I think the fury yard foremen want a better home. Come on guy, take them home with you or at least, give them a decent meal and lots of fresh water.

Those counters look fantastic.

As master and caretaker of a unique vessel myself, I feel I should warn you: you will be spending approximately 36 hours per week chatting to every single person that walks by. All of them. Not even closing the doors and sitting down to dinner will stop the throngs of boat nerds from knocking. Be prepared to answer the question ‘what kind of boat is that?’

Get it on Matt! Looking great... wear high calf boots - thems attack dogs appear maybe bad-assss!

Wow! If you ever want to get in the boat business as jack of trades and master of all, just show the pictures of what you’ve done. A true craftsman.

Matt,

You get done more in 2 hours than I get done in 2 weeks. Good on you. Almost there.

Hey Matt, it appears as though you left a few inches to spare with the TV in the Master Stateroom, not sure if that screen is big enuff, LOL.

Glad to see your posting again, keep it up.

Cheers

Spent the day at the boat today. Installed the timber cabinetry, dining table and coverings to the dinette console. Then Installed some skirting then continued to install the wiper motors then had a little clean up. Pretty good day.
IMG_1090.jpg
IMG_1091.jpg
IMG_1093.jpg
IMG_1094.jpg
IMG_1095.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_1099.jpg
IMG_1105.jpg
IMG_1103.jpg
IMG_1106.jpg

fantastic!!!!
You have a lot of cabinets and storage in your boat.

Back
Top Bottom