Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This afternoon the foam went on the walls and the toilet door was hung and then I did some work in the anchor locker.

Adjustments.jpg
IMG_6613.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

Last edited:
That middle photo of you trying to into or away??? lol No wonder you decided to lose weight!!

Last edited:
Hendo has a target month of Aug. That is wonderful but, we will all respect Hendo's statement to launch only when complete and ready both exterior and interior.
Now Hendo, enough talk, back to work. We are all waiting to see how the boat floats.

Last edited:
Lolol, that anchor locker shot...

What’s it like being able to fit into small spaces? I’ve always wondered.

This afternoon the windlass and the Sampson post bollard went on then I marked out and drilled the holes for the windscreen wiper motors and did a bit of a clean up. Pretty stoked with it. Tomorrow the anchor goes on! Yewww

IMG_6640.jpg
IMG_6642.jpg
IMG_6643.jpg
IMG_6644.jpg
IMG_6645.jpg
IMG_6646.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_6650.jpg

Greetings,
Mr. H. I'm just a little concerned about the last 3 of 4 pictures. Hopefully that sawdust is from drilling holes and NOT from termites...Have you ever considered a pet Numbat?

numbat-tongue.jpg

Righto so this afternoon I fitted the anchor and winched her up. Rex and Joy Francis from Anchor Right Australia gave me this set up 4 years ago to this day and finally SOLSTICE is at a stage where I get to fit it. The Sarca EX-CEL is an accredited and certified Super High Holding Power anchor, it has a cast filled ballast to ensure self righting, it is a new design of 70 percent convex, 30 percent concave, part of this concave being the cutting edges. I will not be afraid of dragging the anchor hilts I’m a sleep that’s for sure. Thanks again Rex and Joy.

After the anchor was on I jumped in and popped the anchor locker door on and called it a day.

Adjustments.jpg
IMG_6657.jpg
IMG_6660.jpg
IMG_6667.jpg
IMG_6669.jpg
IMG_6670.jpg

Matt
You have great taste in anchors, we love our.......:thumb:

Attachments

• Excel.jpg
    Excel.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 39
All I did with my galley floor yesterday was spill a beer on it. I think you win.

Yeah At $800 per hour for a crane and $500 per day for the slip, Trim will be adjusted on launch day.

Wow!! That's some bucks baby! :eek:

They must have idle crane and empty slip much of the time... :facepalm:

Last edited:
Holy Mackerel! Are slips that expensive in most places in Australia, or just your area?

Over here in the states, a Travelift is usually less expensive than a crane.

Cheers,
Mrs. Trombley

Attachments

• 20191008_171050 (2).jpg
    20191008_171050 (2).jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 20191008_154139 (2).jpg
    20191008_154139 (2).jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 46
Holy Mackerel! Are slips that expensive in most places in Australia, or just your area?

Over here in the states, a Travelift is usually less expensive than a crane.

Cheers,

Mrs. Trombley

To get the boat to the travelator id still need the crane to load it on a truck and the truck to drive it to the port. Truck would be cost around $1500 plus the crane plus the travelator at the port plus plus plus plus plus :)

Finished off the cabin flooring, installed the hatch lock and finished the flooring in the dinette area. Just have to paint the cut rebated area black but will do that later.
IMG_6804.jpg
IMG_6805.jpg
IMG_6806.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_6808.jpg

To get the boat to the travelator id still need the crane to load it on a truck and the truck to drive it to the port. Truck would be cost around $1500 plus the crane plus the travelator at the port plus plus plus plus plus :)

Matt - Misconception that I [maybe others too] had was that SOLSTICE is in a boat yard for a relatively simple lift and then dunk. Not the BIG effort and therefore BIG $$$ it takes that you mention.

I'm still wondering about the $500 slip???

Best luck in all your doings as you move toward Splash! :dance:

Back
Top Bottom