Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Instead of the marlin, how about a sun image in the middle of the "O"? It could be gold, a dot in the middle of the letter, with rays out to the inner edges?

Ok I’ll lock in B but I thought I’d swap out the fish for an orca. Flic reminded me where we got the name solstice from so it’ll be a nice touch.

Thoughts?

IMG_6094.jpg

Hmmm, now it kinda looks like an unpronounceable Norwegian word ;).

Honestly, after all we’ve seen of your work, anything you choose is going to look great.

Hmmm, now it kinda looks like an unpronounceable Norwegian word ;).

Honestly, after all we’ve seen of your work, anything you choose is going to look great.

Haha that would tie back to my Scandinavian ancestry roots nicely then

Personally I think that C is more timeless and less limiting. The logo forces an association. Do you really want to have a marlin fishing conversation or whale watching convo with everyone you meet on the dock? Just a thought.
BD

I’d ask what’s the association between name and a fish? Is because you are a marlin’s fan? Love fishing? That could be the case, but I still don’t see the connection with the name. Maybe a tilted planet earth is more related to the name.... just my ramblings. I’d vote for no fish with emphasis on nice lettering. Btw, your boat looks awesome.

No graphics with the name.
Just my opinion.

Nothing wrong with some graphics in a boat's name - IMHO!!

Of course we went a little "overboard" on our artistically drawn boat name - LOL There's decades of background in those words and figures!

With Matt being such an avid fisherman the breaching fish looks good in the name. He might even like to include [aside from the name but on transom or salon sides] a cool depiction of a deep sea diver... seeing as he is also an avid diver.

Go Matt - GO!! :thumb:

Attachments

• The Office Name_100_1656.jpg
    The Office Name_100_1656.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 44
I’d ask what’s the association between name and a fish? Is because you are a marlin’s fan? Love fishing? That could be the case, but I still don’t see the connection with the name. Maybe a tilted planet earth is more related to the name.... just my ramblings. I’d vote for no fish with emphasis on nice lettering. Btw, your boat looks awesome.

Ask and you shall receive lol. The name solstice derives from an orca felicity and I adopted a few years ago. That was also our driving force behind the colour scheme :)

Personally I think that C is more timeless and less limiting. The logo forces an association. Do you really want to have a marlin fishing conversation or whale watching convo with everyone you meet on the dock? Just a thought.
BD

The association is that the name solstice derives from an orca felicity and I adopted a few years ago. That was also our driving force behind the colour scheme so I’m happy to have the discussion :)

Greetings,
Mr. H. MY opinion: Name only. Perhaps an inset of an Orca somewhere else, either on the transom or house.

solstice (n.)mid-13c., from Old French solstice (13c.), from Latin solstitium "point at which the sun seems to stand still," especially the summer solstice, from sol "the sun" (from PIE root *sawel- "the sun") + past participle stem of sistere "stand still, take a stand; to set, place, cause to stand," from PIE *si-st-, reduplicated form of root *sta- "to stand, make or be firm." In early use, Englished as sunstead (late Old English sunstede).

Stand firm!

This afternoon I taped up the front nonskid areas and gave them the final coat then taped up an area on the transom I wasn’t happy with and sprayed it again. Both areas came up great. IMG_6101.jpg
IMG_6102.jpg
IMG_6104.jpg
IMG_6110.jpg
IMG_6111.jpg
IMG_6109.jpg
IMG_6114.jpg
IMG_6115.jpg

Everything looks great! :Thanx: :D

Get us a photo of your skinny self posing on the bow! :popcorn::thumb:

Back to the boat this morning to polish out and blend the paint I sprayed yesterday but it wasn’t quite ready so I jumped up on the bow and placed out the bow bling ready for fitting off next week then touched up the white where it got damaged lifting up the bow rail.Adjustments.jpgIMG_6128.jpgIMG_6129.jpgIMG_6130.jpgIMG_6131.jpgIMG_6132.jpgIMG_6133.jpgIMG_6134.jpg

Last edited:
Matt, I feel like quoting Con the fruiterer at this point, and say, when finished...
"she is going to look bewdiful..!" :D
Pronounced as...'beeyuudafoooool'
(sorry, only Aussies will get this)

For non-Aussies... https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=con+the+fruiterer+youtube&&view=detail&mid=F663D630B6ECCB098BECF663D630B6ECCB098BEC&rvsmid=C90F664DBA8E346C8579C90F664DBA8E346C8579&FORM=VDQVAP

I can see that Aussies' and Mericans' have way too much in common re slapstick humor. I's sinmply cwazy and at the same time beeyuudafoooool!! - lol

PS: Matt those close up photos look "bewdiful"!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
When the boat is finished and you can find a enough wall space, hang a picture of "what I started with" boat picture. That will remind you and impress all those who venture out with you. SMILE

Final design in and I’m stoked. Ready to go to the printers. View attachment 99006

Matt - That was my choice too for you!

Hope there are mags or newspapers or even local TV stations that have an inkling as to the monumental task you so professionally have accomplished.

A book could be written on your seven years of boat rebuilding progress... from near 0 to 100++ %.

There will be many, many of those who have many $$$$ at their avail who would want to hire you to do things for them. Not only marine items... but... nearly anything that can be conceived

Talk about a story!!

Happy SPLASH when it arrives! :thumb:

Your mate - Art :D

There will be many, many of those who have many $$$$ at their avail who would want to hire you to do things for them. Not only marine items... but... nearly anything that can be conceived
I certainly would if he didn't live so damn far away!:thumb:

Matt - That was my choice too for you!

Hope there are mags or newspapers or even local TV stations that have an inkling as to the monumental task you so professionally have accomplished.

A book could be written on your seven years of boat rebuilding progress... from near 0 to 100++ %.

Talk about a story!!

Happy SPLASH when it arrives! :thumb:

Your mate - Art :D

Lol thanks Art. You’re very kind.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom