Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-15-2018, 09:59 AM   #3381
Guru
 
Wayfarer's Avatar
 
City: Oneida Lake, NY
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Radio Flyer
Vessel Model: Wilderness Systems Aspire 105
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 821
Tell ya what, if you get bored with all of your new free time, I'll buy some plans and ship them to ya. I'd like a Hendo 42 please.
__________________
Advertisement

__________________
Dave
Just be nice to each other, dammit.
Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:06 AM   #3382
Guru
 
MurrayM's Avatar
 
City: Kitimat, North Coast BC
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Badger
Vessel Model: 30' Sundowner Tug
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,459
Hi Matt,

Getting sooooo close to splashing are you? Might be a good time for a reminder of what you and Tad talked about quite a while back.

Seemed like you had it all figured out at the time, about how to test stability while your boat is still in the slings, but in all the excitement and waves of emotion of the first launch things could get missed.

Trawler Forum - View Single Post - Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

We'll all be there with you in spirit!
__________________

__________________
"The most interesting path between two points is not a straight line" Murray Minchin
MurrayM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:34 AM   #3383
Member
 
Thomas.B's Avatar
 
City: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 9
Hi Mr. H
Since your boat is named solstice you should have this on the boat
Its an vegvisir for protection and never to get lost in bad weather or times its from the vikings old norse people.
Hope the pic shows or i did it right
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D40C21BD-10D9-4D53-9EE0-93D841F77E92.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	72132  
Thomas.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:36 AM   #3384
Member
 
City: Chattanooga
Country: USA
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 8
I just want to say this is one of the most incredible projects I have ever seen. Your skill set is off the hook! Your vision and tenacity to see this through is inspiring. I've seen so many projects, (cars, boats etc..) that start with a vision and excitement, but end with a rotting carcass as soon as the enthusiasm fades. Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to the finish project!

Thanks,
Steve
SJ21XDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:58 PM   #3385
Guru
 
Hendo78's Avatar
 
City: Perth
Country: Australia
Vessel Name: M/V SOLSTICE
Vessel Model: Hendo "Special"
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
Tell ya what, if you get bored with all of your new free time, I'll buy some plans and ship them to ya. I'd like a Hendo 42 please.


Lol deal
__________________
***I use and recommend ANCHOR RIGHT Anchors***
Hendo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:06 PM   #3386
Guru
 
Hendo78's Avatar
 
City: Perth
Country: Australia
Vessel Name: M/V SOLSTICE
Vessel Model: Hendo "Special"
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayM View Post
Hi Matt,

Getting sooooo close to splashing are you? Might be a good time for a reminder of what you and Tad talked about quite a while back.

Seemed like you had it all figured out at the time, about how to test stability while your boat is still in the slings, but in all the excitement and waves of emotion of the first launch things could get missed.

Trawler Forum - View Single Post - Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

We'll all be there with you in spirit!


Hi Murray,
Vessel Stability isnít far from my mind, matter of fact itís been the monkey on my shoulder this whole time. Itís hard to make something and not know if it will work or not. I was trying to explain the process to a visitor the other day. The original loading plan remains. Once lowered Iíll do a stabilisation test in the slings and have quite a few 20kg bags of sand from a hardware shop in my Ute on standby. Once sheís good to go Iíll take it from the slips for a trial run and move the bags around accordingly. Once thatís done Iíll look to make some lead ingots to replace the sand bags for a more permanent solution.
__________________
***I use and recommend ANCHOR RIGHT Anchors***
Hendo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:08 PM   #3387
Guru
 
Hendo78's Avatar
 
City: Perth
Country: Australia
Vessel Name: M/V SOLSTICE
Vessel Model: Hendo "Special"
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas.B View Post
Hi Mr. H

Since your boat is named solstice you should have this on the boat

Its an vegvisir for protection and never to get lost in bad weather or times its from the vikings old norse people.

Hope the pic shows or i did it right


Thanks mate. I better wallpaper that whole insides with this lol
__________________
***I use and recommend ANCHOR RIGHT Anchors***
Hendo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:09 PM   #3388
Guru
 
Hendo78's Avatar
 
City: Perth
Country: Australia
Vessel Name: M/V SOLSTICE
Vessel Model: Hendo "Special"
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ21XDC View Post
I just want to say this is one of the most incredible projects I have ever seen. Your skill set is off the hook! Your vision and tenacity to see this through is inspiring. I've seen so many projects, (cars, boats etc..) that start with a vision and excitement, but end with a rotting carcass as soon as the enthusiasm fades. Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to the finish project!

Thanks,
Steve


Gday steve.
Thanks very much for you comments and support buddy. I appreciate it :-)
__________________
***I use and recommend ANCHOR RIGHT Anchors***
Hendo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:33 AM   #3389
Guru
 
Hendo78's Avatar
 
City: Perth
Country: Australia
Vessel Name: M/V SOLSTICE
Vessel Model: Hendo "Special"
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,374
Ok Iíve almost finished the bowrail. Just need to fit the stainless steel cabling, will then fit the bowrail once all of this rain passes, drill all the mounting holes then wrap it up and put it in the shed until Iíve finished painting the top coat then pull it out and fix it all off

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1516087858.146938.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	72158
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1516087882.386396.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	72159
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1516087891.384604.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	72160
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1516087901.023123.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	72161
__________________
***I use and recommend ANCHOR RIGHT Anchors***
Hendo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:38 AM   #3390
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendo78 View Post
Ok Iíve almost finished the bowrail. Just need to fit the stainless steel cabling, will then fit the bowrail once all of this rain passes, drill all the mounting holes then wrap it up and put it in the shed until Iíve finished painting the top coat then pull it out and fix it all off

Attachment 72158
Attachment 72159
Attachment 72160
Attachment 72161
Matt - BEAUTIFUL WORK ON RAILING!

You never cease to impress.

Seldom ever do craftsmen as fully competent in correctly accomplishing any style trade application come along. You are not only a virtuoso of the hand-trades... but also you are a freaking genius in mind's eye design follow through. Not to mention being damn nice fellow to know!

Go Solstice.... GOOOOO!

Cheers!

Art
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:58 AM   #3391
Guru
 
Hendo78's Avatar
 
City: Perth
Country: Australia
Vessel Name: M/V SOLSTICE
Vessel Model: Hendo "Special"
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,374
And sheís up. Too wet to drill holes or anything so just whacked it up and ran for cover. Looks good so far I reckon. Glad I cut it down to 600.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1516172180.335785.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	72188
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1516172198.808988.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	72189
__________________
***I use and recommend ANCHOR RIGHT Anchors***
Hendo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:01 AM   #3392
TF Site Team
 
Peter B's Avatar
 
City: Brisbane
Country: Australia
Vessel Name: Lotus
Vessel Model: Clipper (CHB) 34 Sedan/Europa style
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,808
Send a message via Skype™ to Peter B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Matt - BEAUTIFUL WORK ON RAILING!

You never cease to impress.

Seldom ever do craftsmen as fully competent in correctly accomplishing any style trade application come along. You are not only a virtuoso of the hand-trades... but also you are a freaking genius in mind's eye design follow through. Not to mention being damn nice fellow to know!

Go Solstice.... GOOOOO!

Cheers!

Art
Careful Art. Don't blow too much smoke up the old, you now what. We don't want to risk giving him a swelled head, as my grandfather used to say.
It might make him top heavy, and mess up his accurate eye thing.
__________________
Pete
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:50 AM   #3393
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Careful Art. Don't blow too much smoke up the old, you now what. We don't want to risk giving him a swelled head, as my grandfather used to say.
It might make him top heavy, and mess up his accurate eye thing.
Pete - Visit post #4 [when Matt was still a young man - lol] and you will see that his personal cog is substantial enough to counter balance any amount of [deserved] praise upon
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:51 AM   #3394
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendo78 View Post
And she’s up. Too wet to drill holes or anything so just whacked it up and ran for cover. Looks good so far I reckon. Glad I cut it down to 600.

Attachment 72188
Attachment 72189
I like it! Jewelry, like a necklace... for a boat
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:50 AM   #3395
Guru
 
MurrayM's Avatar
 
City: Kitimat, North Coast BC
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Badger
Vessel Model: 30' Sundowner Tug
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Pete - Visit post #4 [when Matt was still a young man - lol] and you will see that his personal cog is substantial enough to counter balance any amount of [deserved] praise upon
Let's make it easy: Trawler Forum - View Single Post - Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia
__________________
"The most interesting path between two points is not a straight line" Murray Minchin
MurrayM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:02 AM   #3396
Enigma
 
RT Firefly's Avatar
 
City: Slicker?
Country: Bumpkin?
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,211


A fine broth of a boy. Even my dog likes him...

__________________
RTF
RT Firefly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:22 AM   #3397
Veteran Member
 
City: Beavercreek, Ohio
Country: United States
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 43
3396 posts to read through on your thread, number 3397 is me telling you what a great job you have done- plus listing/explaining everything with pictures. Thank you, sir. Long thread, not boring at all.

And a very beautiful boat this is turning into. Getting impatient to float her yet?
__________________
The way I run this thing you'd think I knew something about it. ~ Bugs Bunny
agm_66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:33 PM   #3398
Guru
 
Hendo78's Avatar
 
City: Perth
Country: Australia
Vessel Name: M/V SOLSTICE
Vessel Model: Hendo "Special"
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Pete - Visit post #4 [when Matt was still a young man - lol] and you will see that his personal cog is substantial enough to counter balance any amount of [deserved] praise upon


Donít worry about him mate. I humbly appreciate and respect your support. Thanks for being there mate.
__________________
***I use and recommend ANCHOR RIGHT Anchors***
Hendo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:34 PM   #3399
Guru
 
Hendo78's Avatar
 
City: Perth
Country: Australia
Vessel Name: M/V SOLSTICE
Vessel Model: Hendo "Special"
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,374
Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia


The good ol days lol
__________________
***I use and recommend ANCHOR RIGHT Anchors***
Hendo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:36 PM   #3400
Guru
 
Hendo78's Avatar
 
City: Perth
Country: Australia
Vessel Name: M/V SOLSTICE
Vessel Model: Hendo "Special"
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post


A fine broth of a boy. Even my dog likes him...




Hahaha gees thatís going back. I got a little sick in my mouth looking at that pic hahahaha. Man I was so naive and clueless to what was install for me hahaha
__________________

__________________
***I use and recommend ANCHOR RIGHT Anchors***
Hendo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012