Go Back   Trawler Forum > Trawler Builders Forums > Custom Builds & Refit Projects

Old 02-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #321
Veteran Member

I don't believe in coincidences and I don't think this was mindless aggression. You are at your neighbor's B'day party and your car gets vandalized. Subsequently, the B'day boy is attacked. This is too focused to be random. Someone has it in for the boy maybe because they weren't invited to the party. They couldn't get to him during the party so maybe took it out on you for being there. I bet the person who attacked the B'day boy was in on the attack on your car and is acting at the direction of the person with the grudge. When the guilty parties are found, I'm sure it'll be someone the B'boy knows and you might, also.

Gary

VAtrawlerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #322
Guru

City: coos bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Matt – I’m very sorry for you and your neighbors’ predicament of aggression and wish you all the best as repercussions unfold. At first blush it seems to me that your auto may have simply become mistakenly caught up in the process of mindless aggression toward others -at least I hope that is the case.

There too often becomes neither rhyme nor reason for the mutant growth of blatant mindless aggression that can revolve/evolve around a specific point of action which becomes a non plus in the long scene of ongoing and no longer relevant reactions. Luckily, usually, and eventually the emotional energies that propel the aggression subside and calm resumes. Unfortunately the resulting negative-accomplishments derived from the mindless aggressions become carved in stone... in that the aggressions’ negative-accomplishments really happened and therefore must be rectified best as possible. Mutilation or death to humans or other living entities as one or more of the negative-accomplishments become non rectifiable and the price of justice is sought to be paid by the aggressors.

Now... I’m going to say something that may Piss-Off some on this forum. And, I ask is that those that do become P-Offed look deeply inside themselves as to what actually empowers their personal P-Off. You may find the enemy.

Some of us (considerably on the side of the male gender) may carry a deeply personal emotional problem that can release nearly uncontrollable aggressive actions or reactions that create potentials for forms of mutant growths of aggressive violence. The younger in years (from approx 10 years to 60 years old) humans tends to be the most pronounced time span in life when this emotional problem can release mindless aggressive actions.

There are “mind” tools that can be learned to compel any person’s thoughtless aggressive tendencies to be stopped in their tracks. However, the aggressor must admit to their own problem and then they need to have learned the tools and they also need to use these tools when necessary to circumvent violence. The tools are easy to learn and can be employed inside one’s mind in nearly an instant. The person’s aggression tendency regarding a specific point of action that previously occurred may return... the tools can repeatedly be used again and again to decommission the aggression tendency that boils up. Each repeat aggression tendency will be lengthened between occurrences with its power of feeling diminished until it becomes completely under control regarding any reactions toward the previous specific point of action.

Good luck Matt – That things mellow-down and that in the end items come out OK for all concerned. - Art
The only people i have ever known like you describe above were women. Men were I live can't aford the luxury of that kind of behaviour but women get away with it all the time.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #323
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Mr. 45. To your last comment....sad.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #324
Moderator Emeritus

Gee Hendo, that`s bad. Sorry for your young neighbor, and your ute.
There is a history here of young age parties going bad. People don`t get invited and want revenge, something private gets publicised on social media, gatecrashers turn up with nasty intentions, a young guy here got hit with an iron bar by a gatecrasher and needed cranial surgery. I`ve seen news reports of similar party incidents in WA. Your ute damage could be unrelated, but balance of probabilities suggests not, especially as yours is a quiet semi rural area. I just hope that is the end of it.
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #325
Guru

City: Perth
Vessel Name: M/V SOLSTICE
Vessel Model: Hendo "Special"
Howdy doody all
Cheers for y'all concern and support. I'm more shocked than angry so yes Pete, the wild old country boy in me must be fading as the older chilled out Hendo comes to the surface lol. This revelation would be supported by the small amounts of grey starting to shine through, and I'm only 34 :-( haha

I think it's related but can't know for sure. If it was related, I'm sure it wasn't directed at me and may be a case of mistaken identity. The young fella drives a silver ute that he parks out the front also but moved it to the rear of the property as it had the firewood in it for the party. My fiancé thinks it may have been a case of someone not being invited and having been told its the house with the silver ute out the front. Who knows what the go was. I'm just glad it's insured. The ute will need a full bare metal re spray. I'm more annoyed that they didn't attack the tyres cause I need new rubber haha.

Well she's booked in tomorrow to go to the assessors and then the repairers so that will put a dampener on the boat building schedule. Well actually I don't have a schedule but you get my drift lol :-(

Might have to suck up to the misses and ask to use her car to go to the boat cause riding my motorbike there will be funny. Especially with a sheet of ply strapped to my back lol

Thanks again for your support guys.

Cheers
Hendo
Old 02-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #326
Guru

Well before my car was attacked by the savages, I was thinking about my boat design. I like the Integrity 380 but was going to widen the cab so it only had about a 200mm walkway around the cabin area going forward but this meant removing the controversial angled roof support panels.

I have since been looking around and after spending time on my mates 40ft flybridge I fell in love with the single steering station up stairs.

Now I can't flex the ply to make the shape similar to most of these 40 footers now days and I want to try and avoid the square "houseboat" look also. I was reading a post of a bloke that was looking to buy a woodie and well someone posted up a link to a 2001 Carvel 350. I love the look of those. Especially the radar arch. I'd have to make some slight changes like a hardtop roof to support the radar arch and some other things but I reckon I've found my ladies new look.

What's everyone's thoughts on this models shape? I think it's either you love it or you hate it. I was a bit " iffy " at the beginning but I really love it. I always had a deep seated want for a flybridge on M/V AXE but couldn't find a look I liked. This has heaps of curves that I need to mirror and or remove which may give me the houseboat look I'm trying to avoid but I reckon I might give it a good crack. It's kinda like the look between my Bayliner 3055 and a 40ft flybridge. I also love that bow seat area. I could make the seat fold up and that could be where our tender will rest.

Anyone got one of these?
Anyone like the shape?
Anyone have tips on improving the design?
Anyone know where I can get this anyone from?
Anyone seems to know a lot cause someone is always asking for anyone! Lol

Cheers everyone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2770342194.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	16719   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2155317027.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	16720   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2194670113.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	16721   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3249093788.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	16722   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2100053628.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	16724  

Old 02-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #327
Guru

City: Juno Beach, FL
Vessel Name: Takes Two
Vessel Model: Defever 49 RPH
Enjoyed your article

I have enjoyed reading your boat building article and am impressed with all the work you have put into your boat, it sure is a bigger project than most of us would ever attempt so good-on-ya.

As an expat Kiwi living stateside for the past 26 years and also as a retired Colorado County Sheriff I am not surprised by the actions of those who damaged your vehicle and beat up your neighbor. Unfortunately these crimes are all too common everywhere in the world.

One word of advice is to put up some signs in a very visible area that state "home under video surveillance" you can buy them on line or elsewhere and they work great for just a couple of bucks. Obvioulsy the real camera system is much better and has come down in price of late but that would just take away money from your great boat project.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to following your progress.
gwkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #328
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwkiwi View Post
I have enjoyed reading your boat building article and am impressed with all the work you have put into your boat, it sure is a bigger project than most of us would ever attempt so good-on-ya.

As an expat Kiwi living stateside for the past 26 years and also as a retired Colorado County Sheriff I am not surprised by the actions of those who damaged your vehicle and beat up your neighbor. Unfortunately these crimes are all too common everywhere in the world.

One word of advice is to put up some signs in a very visible area that state "home under video surveillance" you can buy them on line or elsewhere and they work great for just a couple of bucks. Obvioulsy the real camera system is much better and has come down in price of late but that would just take away money from your great boat project.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to following your progress.
Hey mate! Thanks for your reply and your support. It's a big project alright. Bigger than I first expected but hey, bit by bit and she'll be done.

Re your comment about cameras. It's funny you should mention that cause I've got two installed already. One on either end of the house. I was given a couple of cameras by a mate as the actual camera internals were broken so I just chucked them up as a deterrent. They don't work but you'd never know. I got some big signs made up, stuck them on some acrylic and fixed them to the outside of the house.

They have been up for some time now. I put them up when I bought the ski boat.

The fact that this happened makes me think that the person or persons that did this aren't from this area which points back to the boys birthday party.

Also goes to show how dumb crims are!

Perhaps I should stick some lights up pointing at the camera with some big flashing LED arrows pointing at them also haha

Thanks anyway for your tip! Great minds think alike ay! Lol

Thanks again for your support mate.

Cheers
Hendo
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1026356879.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	16725   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1032142431.jpg
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	16726   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-117807182.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	16727  
Old 02-24-2013, 10:29 PM   #329
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendo78 View Post
Well before my car was attacked by the savages, I was thinking about my boat design. I like the Integrity 380 but...
What's everyone's thoughts on this models shape? I think it's either you love it or you hate it.
I`m in the second group, it is a personal thing, I respect that, but you asked.
Sunny (?stormy) Queensland has many boats with only flybridge helm, less so in Sydney, where winter is cool enough to not use the flybridge. If well enclosed, would it be usable all year round in WA? It will yield you more saloon space.
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #330
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
I`m in the second group, it is a personal thing, I respect that, but you asked.
Sunny (?stormy) Queensland has many boats with only flybridge helm, less so in Sydney, where winter is cool enough to not use the flybridge. If well enclosed, would it be usable all year round in WA? It will yield you more saloon space.
Thanks for your reply Bruce. Appreciate it mate. The weather here is suitable all year round for a non enclosed FB but as I'd have to put up a hardtop then fully enclosing it wouldn't be an issue, should I end up going for the new design.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #331
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Lotus
Vessel Model: Clipper (CHB) 34 Sedan/Europa style
Send a message via Skype™ to Peter B
Personally, Hendo, seeing you're asking. I would never recommend a fly bridge only helm in a non- planing boat. In a displacement boat the seas only have to be moderate for it to be a horrible place to be, as roll and pitching is magnified, but also it becomes damn dangerous even vacating it to a downstairs helm like I have. Yes, I know there are folk on here that almost exclusively drive from up top, but they usually own semi- planing hulled boats, so the increased speed smooths things out quite a bit, or much bigger craft than Yours and mine. Look, the number of times I drive from up top is minimal, and I could do without the fly bridge quite happily, and I'm in Queensland.
For another example of why, if I didn't have it, I would not be faced with installing not one but two new sonars, because the flyBridge unit and my main have both gone AWOL at once. I'd hate however to have no choice but to drive from up there, so duplication is the name of the game if you have a fly bridge.
As the the hull shape. Sory, but I'm with Bruce here. I still think you I 380 approach was the better one for your size, construction method, and speed. Leave the plastic fantastics to those who love to zoom around at 200 litres per hour.
Just think of all that neat space up top for solar cells, dink stowage etc, not to mention less wind age and simpler construction, and far better environment inside for expensive instruments. If you enclose a flybridge in our latitude to provide all that, as FF would say, you've created a hothouse.
You did ask...
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:07 AM   #332
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Personally, Hendo, seeing you're asking. I would never recommend a fly bridge only helm in a non- planing boat. In a displacement boat the seas only have to be moderate for it to be a horrible place to be, as roll and pitching is magnified, but also it becomes damn dangerous even vacating it to a downstairs helm like I have. Yes, I know there are folk on here that almost exclusively drive from up top, but they usually own semi- planing hulled boats, so the increased speed smooths things out quite a bit, or much bigger craft than Yours and mine. Look, the number of times I drive from up top is minimal, and I could do without the fly bridge quite happily, and I'm in Queensland.
For another example of why, if I didn't have it, I would not be faced with installing not one but two new sonars, because the flyBridge unit and my main have both gone AWOL at once. I'd hate however to have no choice but to drive from up there, so duplication is the name of the game if you have a fly bridge.
As the the hull shape. Sory, but I'm with Bruce here. I still think you I 380 approach was the better one for your size, construction method, and speed. Leave the plastic fantastics to those who love to zoom around at 200 litres per hour.
Just think of all that neat space up top for solar cells, dink stowage etc, not to mention less wind age and simpler construction, and far better environment inside for expensive instruments. If you enclose a flybridge in our latitude to provide all that, as FF would say, you've created a hothouse.
You did ask...
Heya mate. Yeah gonna stay with the sedan type. I just remembered why i ruled out flybridges in the first place. Bridges are low over here.
Anyhoo it was fun while it lasted :-)
Old 02-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #333
Guru

I asked a friend that owns lots of commercial and residential properties about the use of cameras and his reply was: Yes, they definitely lower the rate of vandalism but I only install dummy cameras anymore because I have found them as effective as working ones and lots cheaper.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #334
Guru

Hi loyal supporters of MV AXE.

Not much being done ATM due to work and family commitments.

The engine is almost ready to fire up. Just waiting on a dipstick.

Had a new damper plate made and will take that down with the tranny and bolt it all up so its all ready for painting with the motor.

I brushed on a coat of killrust enamel paint on the damper plate. I also gave it a coat of killrust fish oil and greased up the mounting faces between the damper plate and the damper spacer plate so when the 2000hrs comes up, it won't be all rusted and fused together again making it almost impossible to replace.

That's all. Hopefully get back into it soon.

Regards
Hendo
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1184196916.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	16971   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2967927587.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	16972   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2765581964.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	16973   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-803556267.jpg
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	16974  
Old 03-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #335

City: Galveston
Vessel Name: Sea Catsle
Vessel Model: 1971 Hatteras 58 Yacht Fish
Welcome and what a great story!
Victor_Chat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #336
Guru

Ok not much done but managed to get the tranny down to the boat and plan on bolting it up, clean everything with degreaser and a pressure cleaner then paint in the next week.

Pretty stoked that the motor is fully rebuilt and the transmission is also fully rebuilt (despite me pulling it apart by mistake) haha

Ah well, to fully understand something, you need to build it :-) and I know the engine and transmission inside and out lol

Cheers
Hendo.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2623293552.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	17264   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3133412207.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	17265  
Old 03-17-2013, 02:23 AM   #337
Guru

City: Hotel, CA
One step at a time she's coming together. Good on ya, I'm rooting for ya Hendo!

The person who is saying something is impossible should not interrupt the person who is doing it.
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:47 AM   #338
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Go Hendo, Go Hendo, GOOOOOO!!!! Successfully complete what ever meaningful task you decide upon... mechanical - or - personal!!

Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #339
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendo78 View Post
Ok
Ah well, to fully understand something, you need to build it :-) and I know the engine and transmission inside and out lol

Cheers
Hendo.
yes sir, I am only ever comfortable, I mean truly comfortable in a motor vehicle, boat that I haven't torn apart and built back up the proper way. Everything else when I use it its like I am always waiting for it to fail. Hendo, I know you understand that feeling?
When I buy something new like a boat or car I am always waiting for it to break. After tear down and bild I know she is gonna run for thousands of hours without issue. I like that feeling especially on the water.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:10 AM   #340
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post

yes sir, I am only ever comfortable, I mean truly comfortable in a motor vehicle, boat that I haven't torn apart and built back up the proper way. Everything else when I use it its like I am always waiting for it to fail. Hendo, I know you understand that feeling?
When I buy something new like a boat or car I am always waiting for it to break. After tear down and bild I know she is gonna run for thousands of hours without issue. I like that feeling especially on the water.
Yep I feel ya Brother! Glad it's not just me that is like that. I was starting to worry haha ;-)