Go Back   Trawler Forum > Trawler Builders Forums > Custom Builds & Refit Projects

Old 02-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #281
Guru

City: Perth
Vessel Name: M/V SOLSTICE
Vessel Model: Hendo "Special"
Well thanks to Tidahapah, I was put on to Wes Jordan from Marine Transmissions over in QLD, I was able to buy the parts I needed to rebuild my paragon tranny as well as scoring two very thick books on the paragon transmissions.

Anyone with a Paragon or any marine transmission, would do themselves an injustice going to someone else. Wes Jordan is a bloody awesome bloke that knows his stuff. He sends items worldwide and has great customer service. I've never met the bloke but he has bent over backwards to help me. He is even trying to sort out my damper plate issues.

If anyone that has a paragon and wants copies of the books PM me and ill scan and email them at work and save it as a PDF and email it to you.

All up, the tranny cost me just over $400 to rebuild with all new clutch plates, clutch springs, bearings, screw collar, 'O' rings, Piston rings, gaskets, relief valve as well as some old school helpful, friendly, priceless knowledge and help.

The tranny has been primed and will wait till its fitted to the engine before painting her and the engine as one piece. Should look sexy ;-)

I picked up my fuel filters so now it's just the hoses then VVVRRoomm VRROooommmm then paint Wooh Hooo

Thanks again Tidahapah !!! ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2725566789.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	16610   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-929927284.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	16611   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1092295814.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	16612   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1032063558.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	16613   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4102711396.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	16614  

Old 02-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #282
Guru

City: Hotel, CA
The progress continues. Keep plugging away Matt and you'll be done before ya know it.

The person who is saying something is impossible should not interrupt the person who is doing it.
CPseudonym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #283
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Hendo - - > OMG – That tranny stands up straight in the picts like something on me ... at certain “private” events!! – lol, Lol, LOL, LOLLLLL Speaking of this past weekend at our beach house! ... LMAO!!!

Keep up the great work. Sooner than later you will be enjoying the fruits of your labor... Rebuilding a boat such as you are doing is not for the faint of heart, but, rather for the heart of boating!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #284
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Hendo - - > OMG – That tranny stands up straight in the picts like something on me ... at certain “private” events!! – lol, Lol, LOL, LOLLLLL Speaking of this past weekend at our beach house! ... LMAO!!!

Keep up the great work. Sooner than later you will be enjoying the fruits of your labor... Rebuilding a boat such as you are doing is not for the faint of heart, but, rather for the heart of boating!
Bwahahaha yeah must admit the transmission wasn't the only thing standing to attention when I had finished it HAHAHA. God help me when the motor starts up for the first time Hahahaha.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #285
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendo78 View Post
. God help me when the motor starts up for the first time Hahahaha.
That might bring the out in ya!

He best be there to help your mate too!!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:19 AM   #286
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post

That might bring the out in ya!

He best be there to help your mate too!!
Lol :-D
Old 02-20-2013, 05:57 AM   #287
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Lotus
Vessel Model: Clipper (CHB) 34 Sedan/Europa style
Send a message via Skype™ to Peter B
Hendo...the Americanos might not get this one, but that tranny looks so damn good, it needs to go straight to the poolroom....
You 'splain it if they ask....
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #288
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Hendo...the Americanos might not get this one, but that tranny looks so damn good, it needs to go straight to the poolroom....
You 'splain it if they ask....
Hahaha ah how's the serenity. So much serenity!

Dale dug a hole, he started the patio! Lmao

tell him he's dreamin!

Oh I could go on all night quoting that movie but that's not the "vibe" of this forum lol.

Hahaha fantastic movie! I love it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2669083710.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	16654  
Old 02-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #289
Veteran Member

City: Wausau,WI
Quote:

Dale dug a hole, he started the patio! Lmao

tell him he's dreamin!

Oh I could go on all night quoting that movie but that's not the "vibe" of this forum lol.

Hahaha fantastic movie! I love it.
Always looking for good movies while putting miles on the treadmill. Couldn't believe that Netflix had it in their list. At least I know who Anthony Simcoe is - He was in another great series from down under.
theran5317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #290
Guru

City: coos bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by theran5317 View Post
Always looking for good movies while putting miles on the treadmill. Couldn't believe that Netflix had it in their list. At least I know who Anthony Simcoe is - He was in another great series from down under.
them blokes down under aint got time to watch movies they're out killing cane toads and chasin roo's!....geez, you don't think people down under spend time sitting on the couch with a brew watchin movies or glued to a computer screen do you? Geez.....did you know that the worlds most productive beehive as far as honey production goes is down there? Over 1,300 pounds in one season. In the USA at $9.00 a pound retail thats what, $11,700 dollars from one hive!! Not bad
Old 02-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #291
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post

them blokes down under aint got time to watch movies they're out killing cane toads and chasin roo's!....geez, you don't think people down under spend time sitting on the couch with a brew watchin movies or glued to a computer screen do you? Geez.....did you know that the worlds most productive beehive as far as honey production goes is down there? Over 1,300 pounds in one season. In the USA at $9.00 a pound retail thats what, $11,700 dollars from one hive!! Not bad
Haha well I've strapped a portable DVD player to the back of my roo's head so when I'm out hopping to the boat or shops I can watch movies on the way.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #292
Guru

City: Adelaide
Vessel Name: Kokanee
Vessel Model: Cuddles 30 Pilot House Motor Sailer
Quote:

Hendo - If there's anything that you love more than serenity, its the sound of a big Perkins at full throttle.
AusCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #293
Veteran Member

Quote:
Haha well I've strapped a portable DVD player to the back of my roo's head so when I'm out hopping to the boat or shops I can watch movies on the way.
"Boating" in Minnesota and Wisconsin this time of year. Fish freezer is outside, Beer Cooler inside. NFL done for the year, one can only stare down a 10 inch hole for so long. Just Google "Ice Shanty Town", and you get the picture.

Love watching progress on your vessel. I can see this is going to be more than just some mere boat. Great inspiration for us do-it yourself types.

Theran
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fish_house_rental_mille_lacs.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	16666  
Old 02-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #294
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Lotus
Vessel Model: Clipper (CHB) 34 Sedan/Europa style
Send a message via Skype™ to Peter B
Quote:
For those also interested in a good laugh, especially as the theme is a little guy triumphing over big business and govt. the film is called 'The Castle'.
I think you'd get the Aussie humor ok.
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:12 AM   #295
Guru

Quote:

"Boating" in Minnesota and Wisconsin this time of year. Fish freezer is outside, Beer Cooler inside. NFL done for the year, one can only stare down a 10 inch hole for so long. Just Google "Ice Shanty Town", and you get the picture.

Love watching progress on your vessel. I can see this is going to be more than just some mere boat. Great inspiration for us do-it yourself types.

Theran
Hi Theran,
Thanks for your support.

I've never seen snow so cant imagine how cold it is but ATM I'm sitting out the back under my patio in my Melbourne Storm NRL footy shorts with a singlet on having a ciggy, drinking a beer and sweating my arse off.

What does the shanty in shanty town mean?

I now see why you guys over there bang on about winterising your boats. No such thing over here! Some of the best boating conditions are in winter :-)

Thanks again for your support mate.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #296
Veteran Member

Shanty is another word for shack. If you ever watch the movie "Grumpy Old Men", you get a pretty good look at what the lakes around here look like in the winter. The part I always laugh at is when Jack Lemon's character leaves a dead fish in Walter Matthau's old Travelall. Around here that fish would stay frozen, and not start smelling until April.

The picture in my previous post - The vehicle and ice shack are on the lake on 24-36 inches of ice - Think of Ice Road Truckers, but not quite that extreme.

December to April the boats are under wraps (or in the boathouse). My garage/workshop is heated, and to cool the beverages, I just toss them in the snowbank outside the door. I get my exercise in the basement on a treadmill - watching good movies. I'll check out The Castle this weekend.

This picture would be our July activity (not always in sweaters).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF2500.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	16667  
Old 02-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #297
Guru

Quote:
Shanty is another word for shack. If you ever watch the movie "Grumpy Old Men", you get a pretty good look at what the lakes around here look like in the winter. The part I always laugh at is when Jack Lemon's character leaves a dead fish in Walter Matthau's old Travelall. Around here that fish would stay frozen, and not start smelling until April.

The picture in my previous post - The vehicle and ice shack are on the lake on 24-36 inches of ice - Think of Ice Road Truckers, but not quite that extreme.

December to April the boats are under wraps (or in the boathouse). My garage/workshop is heated, and to cool the beverages, I just toss them in the snowbank outside the door. I get my exercise in the basement on a treadmill - watching good movies. I'll check out The Castle this weekend.

This picture would be our July activity (not always in sweaters).
Thanks for that mate. I was just showing my fiancé the pics and we both love the thought of throwing drinks out the door to cool them haha.

I saw ice road trucks and that sh!t is mental! Coldest it gets here, in the middle of winter, is an overnight low between 7 and 9 degrees Celsius.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #298
Guru

City: coos bay
Quote:
I got to hand it to you. You aussie's always find creative way's to get the job done in order to maximize Foster time
Old 02-22-2013, 12:45 AM   #299
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post

I got to hand it to you. You aussie's always find creative way's to get the job done in order to maximize Foster time
Hahahaha Fosters!, Fosters is sh!t. I actually don't know anyone in Australia that's drinks it. It's a common misconception that us aussies drink that crap. I'm a Bundy rum and coke man ;-)
Old 02-22-2013, 02:51 AM   #300
Guru

City: Mooloolaba
Vessel Name: Tidahapah
Vessel Model: Bert Ellis Timber motor cruiser
Hendo,
I am over in NZ at the moment but when I get home I will try and find the data on the supplier of the drive plates I hade made and supplied from the UK.
They were that cheap I got 2 and the guy made them and had them shipped to me within a week.
These were at the same price as 1 that would have taken longer to supply in Aus.
Cheers
Benn

Tidahapah is offline   Reply With Quote