Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This afternoon I continued on with the Portside window shroud. This is the last one that I cut too small. The remaining three will look more professional with no gaps [emoji846]. Once I had the reveals all set up I took the frame downstairs, routered the edges, taped up the gap on the face side, filled the gap with sika and then fibreglassed it with some strips I cut. I also grabbed the frame I made yesterday and laid some glass on the face. Tomorrow I’ll screw them in place so I can continue on with making the rest. That way I know they’ll fit once I finish covering them in leatherette

IMG_2831.jpg
IMG_2832.jpg
IMG_2833.jpg
IMG_2834.jpg
IMG_2835.jpg

A man works from sun to sun. A woman's work is never done. And, a boat builders work has advantage over all... it's outcome result = Loads of Great Big FUN!

Sitting in a little Cove in Desolation Sound and just got some internet service. Well done Matt, I guess I just wanted you to think about the stability issue and you’ve certainly done that. “No worries,” as I heard said here...

WOW - I have no idea why the lines!

Maybe something became askew in my computer? Or, maybe it's something to do with TF's site... Will check out all I can on this side.

Maybe some other TF member can tell me if the same happens for my posts on their screen??

Anyone else had this happen to their posts?

:popcorn:

Matt & Art, none of Art's posts have come though on my iPad or Macbook Air with lines crossed out - that is really strange. Do you have access to a laptop or desk top computer at all, Matt, so as to review Art's posts on something other than the phone app..? Just a thought..?

Here's a bit of news for you.
The boat project will never be finished. You will be adding and changing things FOREVER. LOL

Ain't that the truth. My boat project on the boat I owned for over 16 years, only just finished recently when I sold her, and the new owner already has started where I left off. No boat, however new, is ever perfect. :eek::nonono::D

Sitting in a little Cove in Desolation Sound and just got some internet service. Well done Matt, I guess I just wanted you to think about the stability issue and you’ve certainly done that. “No worries,” as I heard said here...

:) thanks for looking out for me mate. I appreciate the gentle reminders

This afternoon I made the centre window shroud and I made it with out gaps!! Next week after work I’ll crack on with the two remaining window shrouds then I’ll fibreglass them all and get them ready for upholstering

IMG_2927.jpg
IMG_2928.jpg
IMG_2930.jpg
IMG_2932.jpg
IMG_2933.jpg
IMG_2934.jpg

This afternoon I made the centre window shroud and I made it with out gaps!! Next week after work I’ll crack on with the two remaining window shrouds then I’ll fibreglass them all and get them ready for upholstering

When are you going to stop goofing off so much!!!! LOL - :dance: :D

When are you going to stop goofing off so much!!!! LOL - :dance: [emoji3]

Lol. I’m actually on holidays for two weeks soon and nothing will be getting done till I get back so I’m making the most of it. Be down there for most of the day on Sunday too

Lol. I’m actually on holidays for two weeks soon and nothing will be getting done till I get back so I’m making the most of it. Be down there for most of the day on Sunday too

Enjoy! You'll be missed...!!

More shroud making and glassing this afternoon at the boat. One to go then they are all made and ready for upholstery when I get back from holidays. I also fitted the shore power socket in the aft cockpit. Little bit low but should be ok.
IMG_2953.jpg
IMG_2951.jpg
IMG_2957.jpg
IMG_2962.jpg
IMG_2963.jpg
IMG_2964.jpg
IMG_2965.jpg
IMG_2966.jpg
IMG_2967.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

Matt, when you've finished up over there, I've got a house build that needs your kind of workmanship and attention to detail...no pressure... :D

Matt, when you've finished up over there, I've got a house build that needs your kind of workmanship and attention to detail...no pressure... [emoji3]

Lol I’ll actually be in Brisbane from the 11th mate. Happy to meet up and lend a hand :)

Last edited:
Lol I’ll actually be in Brisbane from the 11th mate. Happy to meet up and lend a hand :)

"Lend a hand" translates into "Drink your free beer and eat your free food"

In reality, your plan of the day is in your head and you dont need anyone messing with the "order of things to do"

Matt
I wont be around in Brisbane to catch up - currently en route between Cooktown and Lizard Island, and will shortly lose internet for 3 weeks. If you catch up with Pete, inspire him to get another boat....

This afternoon I made the last of the window shrouds and I even had time to fibreglass it. Tomorrow I’ll chuck on the ol space suit, gloves and face mask and give them a hit with the Dual Action air sander then clean them down and put them aside for upholstery

IMG_2977.jpg
IMG_2979.jpg
IMG_2981.jpg

Vacation.... don't forget about your vacation! Flic won't!! LOL

"Honest honey, just 2 more things. You go put gas in the car and check the air pressure in all the tires, might as well get the oil changed too." LOL

This afternoon I donned the PPE and sanded the fibreglass on the windscreen shrouds then I started to spray glue and apply foam ready for the leatherette. Pretty stoked that I was able to wrap three shrouds out of offcuts I had from when I did inside the superstructure. Tomorrow I’ll begin cutting off the roll again for the last two
IMG_2993.jpg
IMG_2994.jpg
IMG_2995.jpg
IMG_2996.jpg
IMG_2997.jpg
IMG_2998.jpg
IMG_2999.jpg

Substantial work station with tables you have there. That at your job?

Wrap it up! :thumb:

When last we heard, you were going to stop work and go on vacation for 5 days.

Back
Top Bottom