Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sanding the brow, the fwd cabin, topsides and window surrounds. All done so now I’m back on to sanding the Starboard side.
IMG_9908.jpg
IMG_9910.jpg
IMG_9907.jpg
IMG_9906.jpg

Gee wiz Matt. Don't they have sanders with vacuum attachments for you to use. And, may I add - be careful of that dust in your eyes. SOLSTICE doesn't want you to get hurt again... She's holden her breath regarding the dust... just waiting for her splash!!

Last edited:
Gee wiz Matt. Don't they have sanders with vacuum attachments for you to use. And, may I add - be careful of that dust in your eyes. SOLSTICE doesn't want you to get hurt again... She's holden her breath regarding the dust... just waiting for her splash!!

Morning mate. Haha vacuums...It’s been 7 years of wearing dust masks and alike :)

Laying down on the job, I see. Ya bum!

Nothing quite like sanding in full PPE when it’s 40deg under a tarp with no ventilation but I powered on and made some more progress with applying the Black guide coat and sanding it off to a smooth finish with some P320 on the DA Sander.
IMG_9823.jpg
IMG_9923.jpg
IMG_9924.jpg
IMG_9925.jpg
IMG_9927.jpg
IMG_9928.jpg
IMG_9929.jpg
IMG_9930.jpg
IMG_9931.jpg
IMG_9932.jpg

Your build quality warms thing up!!

Originally Posted by Art
Your build quality warms things up!!

Not sure about that mate lol

Matt - I and I believe hundreds of others feel you can be very sure of "That"! :thumb:

Give yourself credit where credit is due!! :dance:

Cheers, Art :D

I wonder if it's too late to try to get a sponsorship from your sandpaper supplier. You've been single-handedly keeping them in business for years now. They owe you at this point.

I wonder if it's too late to try to get a sponsorship from your sandpaper supplier. You've been single-handedly keeping them in business for years now. They owe you at this point.

Hey, a GoFundMe Page.
All boaters will feel sorry for you. Go stand by your mailbox LOL

Another good chunk of sanding done this afternoon and to finish off the day I applied some fine filler to some areas that had imperfections that i wasn’t happy with.

IMG_9930.jpg
IMG_9939.jpg
IMG_9942.jpg
IMG_9944.jpg
IMG_9945.jpg

Matt My Mate!!!!

PM me your mailing address... I'll be glad to send you some beer money in a #10 envelope! And, I'm serious... that ain't no shat!! :D

What you are doing for boat restoration is nothing short of miraculous... :thumb:

Matt My Mate!!!!

PM me your mailing address... I'll be glad to send you some beer money in a #10 envelope! And, I'm serious... that ain't no shat!! :D

What you are doing for boat restoration is nothing short of miraculous... :thumb:

Thanks for the offer brother but that’s really not necessary. The help and support you have given me is more than enough ;-)

When he finishes, bare feet, freshly bathed, just use the head ashore, no food, coasters under all glasses, only the owner and maybe the immediate family can use the head but only in emergencies, wear cotton gloves and you are not permitted to bleed on board.

Something of which you will be proud.

Wife: burn all your work clothes, hose off good outside and maybe she will let you back into the house.

Last edited:
Missed a spot. I won't tell you where. You have to find it. :rofl:

That would be sadistic if it were true.

i've been reading for 7 years and finally caught you matt. thank you for keeping me from reading about our assumed pres. you have done a fantastic job. a little paint and upolstery and you will be ready to go-you can hook up the radar and steering and all that misc. stuff once underway. good sailing!

jim

i've been reading for 7 years and finally caught you matt. thank you for keeping me from reading about our assumed pres. you have done a fantastic job. a little paint and upolstery and you will be ready to go-you can hook up the radar and steering and all that misc. stuff once underway. good sailing!

jim

Hey Jim.
Thanks for your words of encouragement mate. Not long till I have to start a SOLSTICE adventures thread lol

Finished off the superstructure, roof frieze, topsides and hull from the gunwhale to the midrail running down the Starboard side. I then guide coated the hull from the chine to the midrail in preparation for next week where I should have all the sanding closed out by Thursday with only a handful of little areas to sand where I have to touch up the primer after Easter.

IMG_0139.jpg
IMG_0140.jpg
IMG_0141.jpg

You can almost taste the 'doneness'.
This year, some serious 'on the water' time, we all hope.

Greetings,
Mr. H. EVERY time I see one of your posts I wonder, "What the hell has he done now?" (In a nice way, of course). You people MUST have 49 hour days down under or some such other strange time warping phenomenon because what you get done in a few, what seems hours, would take me weeks, nay, months. Keep at it mate.

Back
Top Bottom