Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More pinhole filling and sanding this arvo. Been a great week for progress. Back on Tuesday

IMG_9516.jpg
IMG_9517.jpg

Looking at the exhaust mixer on the right hand side of the engine, you need a support bracket from engine block or flywheel housing up to the tab on the side of the mixer. Otherwise vibes will break things. That's what that SS tab sticking out is for.

Looking at the exhaust mixer on the right hand side of the engine, you need a support bracket from engine block or flywheel housing up to the tab on the side of the mixer. Otherwise vibes will break things. That's what that SS tab sticking out is for.

Yep ;-) I need to make that and a bracket for the raw water intake at the front of the engine too.

IMG_9518.jpgIMG_9518.jpg

Ski - You mean in this photo? I was wondering what that hefty support-hole/extension was in that place for. Appears your recommendation is spot on. Matt - what do you think??

Ski - You mean in this photo? I was wondering what that hefty support-hole/extension was in that place for.

Yep. I’m coming up from the engine mounting bolts as seen in that pic in front of the starter motor.

Looks like good bolts to the aft and above starter, but tab is not oriented for easy fit-up. It would be nice if there was a tab located about 80deg ccw of the existing one. But you can make it work somehow. Just need to support aft end so it does not work the joint at exhaust manifold. Maybe weld on another tab in a good spot.

This afternoon I added some more tarps seeing as the rains will start coming more frequently. Then I moved the scaffold fwd and began imperfection filling, guide coating and sanding.

IMG_9610.jpg
IMG_9611.jpg
IMG_9612.jpg
IMG_9614.jpg

What product are you using to fill imperfections? I see a 3M one on your pic, is it this one?

L

I like it.... Putting "Platinum" on the lady's skin. She loves you forever!! :thumb:

More progress this afternoon. I finished off sanding and pinhole filling the Port bow from the midrail to the gunwhales. I then moved the scaffold out of the way and set up on terra firma to do the Port hull from the stem moving aft to the stern. Solid effort and Pumped out the meterage this afternoon
IMG_9614.jpg
IMG_9644.jpg
IMG_9646.jpg
IMG_9648.jpg

Matt, JFYI.....

Your thread just crossed the quarter million views mark with 259,000 views to date. Be proud mate!

Matt, JFYI.....

Your thread just crossed the quarter million views mark with 259,000 views to date. Be proud mate!

Damn!! COOL Matt!! You and Flic and Solstice are without a doubt the shining "Stars" of TF... Absolutely NO Doubt!! :dance: :thumb:

Originally Posted by dimer2
Matt, JFYI.....

Thanks for the heads up Blue.

Might almost make you feel old! - LOL :facepalm: :dance:

Smashed it out on the sander this afternoon. All panels on the Port side are sanded and ready for paint. Just need to do the rubrails and then move to the Starboard side
IMG_9648.jpg
IMG_9667.jpg
IMG_9668.jpg

I spent time reviewing all your pictures, again.
Gotta ask, what part did you save?
Fantastic rebuild.

Geeeezzzz Matt - Quit spending time at the pups! :rofl: :dance: :lol:

As always... Looking better and better... dude! :thumb:

And now for something completely different: Sanding.

I spent time reviewing all your pictures, again.
Gotta ask, what part did you save?
Fantastic rebuild.

I only kept the keel. Everything was chopped up and scrapped, I saying that tho I replaced and extended the stem of the keel so maybe half of the keel is original and the rest is new

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom