Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are all suspended to this thread waiting for your next post so keep it coming!!!
And I am still jealous of these rail curves you made [emoji2]

L

Last edited:
Very nice job. Easy to see why at the end of the day this might be better constructed than many production boats. Not many home built boats can claim that.

We are all suspended to this thread waiting for your next post so keep it coming!!!
And I am still jealous of these rail curves you made [emoji2]

L

Thanks Lou.

Lol let’s hope the curves still look good once she’s bolted in place.

Very nice job. Easy to see why at the end of the day this might be better constructed than many production boats. Not many home built boats can claim that.

Ah thanks buddy. Hopefully mine floats like a bought boat. That’s still an unknown yet :-o

Continued on with the superstructure P320 sanding this afternoon. I ran out of 320 discs so called it a day. Back to it tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for following folks. I appreciate everyone taking the time to comment and show their support. Certainly would have pulled the pin a long time ago if I hadn’t had the encouragement from you guys.

IMG_8706.jpg
IMG_8707.jpg
IMG_8708.jpg
IMG_8709.jpg
IMG_8710.jpg
IMG_8711.jpg

Continued on with the superstructure P320 sanding this afternoon. I ran out of 320 discs so called it a day. Back to it tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for following folks. I appreciate everyone taking the time to comment and show their support. Certainly would have pulled the pin a long time ago if I hadn’t had the encouragement from you guys.

It's easy to encourage the Energizer Bunny!! LOL :thumb:

Finished the Port side of the superstructure. I’m on to the fwd cabin roof, windscreen struts and topside walk way and working out where the nonskid will go. It’s Friday so that’s it for updates this week.

IMG_8726.jpg
IMG_8727.jpg
IMG_8728.jpg
IMG_8729.jpg

It’s Friday so that’s it for updates this week.

Loafer - Taking a weekend off! LOL

Only kidding... I'm damn glad you may get some rest time!! Popcorn and movies with Flic sounds like a good idea!

Last edited:
Give a sander to each one of your family member and enjoy your family time watching them working while you have a drink!

L

Hahaha yeah that would go down well with the Admiral. I’m almost certain that I would have to have the sander surgically removed haha

Nice progress and congrats on the weight loss! I need to do that as well, I retire in 6 months and will be building a house, I’m hoping to lose a few stone doing that!

Outstanding, I love that you have decided to update us again with your progress, I hope Anchor Right gave you a free anchor ( I also use one, and recommend them). I would love to see some videos, do you have a youtube channel? or a facebook page of your build? It took me friggin hours and hours reading through all the pages a few years ago, I can definitely see the Maritimo style, again thanks for sharing

Have been following you for some time Hendo, all I can say is Wow what an effort, might have to come over to view the finished product in the future.

Had a couple of hours up my sleeve this morning so shot down and did some sanding and marking out of the nonslip surfaces. My boy Chevy also got a lifejacket. He’s all ready for the high seas too lol
IMG_8739.jpg
IMG_8740.jpg
IMG_8742.jpg
IMG_8743.jpg
IMG_8744.jpg
IMG_8746.jpg
IMG_8747.jpg
IMG_8735.jpg
IMG_8734.jpg

G Damn Matt - How much does that lion weigh?????

Have been following you for some time Hendo, all I can say is Wow what an effort, might have to come over to view the finished product in the future.

Thanks mate. Nice to hear from you. Yeah TF visitors are always welcome :)

Outstanding, I love that you have decided to update us again with your progress, I hope Anchor Right gave you a free anchor ( I also use one, and recommend them). I would love to see some videos, do you have a youtube channel? or a facebook page of your build? It took me friggin hours and hours reading through all the pages a few years ago, I can definitely see the Maritimo style, again thanks for sharing

Yeah tried the Facebook thing and tried the email thing and the YouTube thing and it’s all very time consuming to maintain and keep an audience so I’ve settled on this forum and writing a book to get published one day

Does she shed any pain tears when you push on her that hard? :rofl:

I guess not... that must be when her good ol' AXE nature again comes forth! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom