Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More from today

IMG_8258.jpg
IMG_8260.jpg
IMG_8261.jpg
IMG_8259.jpg

Wow and Wow!!! What you started with and what you have today, well done.

Edit: And thanks for the update. You’ve been missed.

Very very nice and lets take a good look as she may never look this good anain. Now her appearence is not encumbered by all the ugly clutter like hand rails, fenders, masts, anchors and dinghies.

I love the rub rails. They break up an expansive hullside that would otherwise not be as attractive. Well done Matt.
I love the tear drop lines of the big cabin window and how the aft end of cabin lines mirror the window. Again well done Matt.
I love the way the straight lines of the cabin roof, sheer lines, and again those fabulous rub rails all come together radiating great visual strength. The sheer break and transom line top it off. Very well done Matt.

Yup she’s beautiful now.

Great to see you posting here again, Matt. Boat is looking awesome!

YO! ~ Matt Bro!!

Damn good to see you [and SLOSTICE] on TF again. Lots n' lots of members have been pining to hear from you and see your magical boat building accomplishments.

What a beauty... I give you a BIG, Triple Thumbs Up!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cheers!! - Art

:speed boat:

I've been following since the beginning. Awesome work. She's going to look sweeeeeet when she's on the water.

Looking great. Pic with person beside boat really helps understand proportions.

Very very nice and lets take a good look as she may never look this good anain. Now her appearence is not encumbered by all the ugly clutter like hand rails, fenders, masts, anchors and dinghies.

I love the rub rails. They break up an expansive hullside that would otherwise not be as attractive. Well done Matt.
I love the tear drop lines of the big cabin window and how the aft end of cabin lines mirror the window. Again well done Matt.
I love the way the straight lines of the cabin roof, sheer lines, and again those fabulous rub rails all come together radiating great visual strength. The sheer break and transom line top it off. Very well done Matt.

Yup she’s beautiful now.

Stop it I’m blushing ;-)

YO! ~ Matt Bro!!

Damn good to see you [and SLOSTICE] on TF again. Lots n' lots of members have been pining to hear from you and see your magical boat building accomplishments.

What a beauty... I give you a BIG, Triple Thumbs Up!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cheers!! - Art

:speed boat:

;-)

Cheers Mate!

So good to see you on again, and that gal is looking mighty fine (although a few small trim aspects in say very light grey, might look even better).
She has great lines. Your effort not to get carried away and keep her clean shows!

Toast one up for ya Buddy.

Cheers Mate!

So good to see you on again, and that gal is looking mighty fine (although a few small trim aspects in say very light grey, might look even better).
She has great lines. Your effort not to get carried away and keep her clean shows!

Toast one up for ya Buddy.

Thanks mate ;-)

Great work, Matt. I'm really glad you're back, we missed you! She's looking terrific. All the best from frozen (well, most of it is) Canada.

When does yours start Ben?

Parts gathering until my son goes into the Air Force after high school in 2021, so three years and counting. It could happen sooner.

Lets have a Party!! Matt's Back!!!

:flowers: :thumb: :dance: :hello: :Thanx: :speed boat::D

Time to start making my bowrail from templates i struck last year.

IMG_8362.jpg
IMG_8366.jpg

Below pics are of my stern railing. It is 1500mm long and will hold my baitboard and rod holders on one side and my Weber Q on the other and secure the tender when underway.

IMG_8370.jpg
IMG_8371.jpg
IMG_8372.jpg

IMG_8369.jpg
IMG_8367.jpg
IMG_8368.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice, your skills are impressive! What did you use to bend the tube for the railing ( long bend)?

L

Lol yes I guess but I was more thinking of what was used as a guide to get a perfect regular bend :) For tight bend there are tubing bending tools but for this length of a bend I was wondering if he built his own jig or what?

L

I'm quite sure you can build just about anything... with excellent outcome!

Thanks for photos if your stainless railing art.

Cheers!!

Art

Lol yes I guess but I was more thinking of what was used as a guide to get a perfect regular bend :) For tight bend there are tubing bending tools but for this length of a bend I was wondering if he built his own jig or what?

L

I'll putt my money on Matt's "eye" and floor tracing on what dominated his perfect looking long-bend arc

Along with what RT shows in post 3354!

Last edited:
I'm quite sure you can build just about anything... with excellent outcome!

Thanks for photos if your stainless railing art.

Cheers!!

Art

Not always brother but I’ll give it a good crack, take a big bite and chew like buggery lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom