Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Mr, H. "...fairness in the reflections."

giphy.gif

Lol

Holy cow! I just found this thread and began skimming from the beginning.
Incredible...
I've been struggling with a little restoration of a plywood Nutshell Pram I originally built 18 or so years ago. Now I have no excuse do I?
I will watch for inspiration all the way!
Awesome project.
Bruce

Haha Bruce I had no idea there was someone that haden't seen this thread. I'm waiting for Matt to finish that bow section and see the whole boat one color.

Holy cow! I just found this thread and began skimming from the beginning.
Incredible...
I've been struggling with a little restoration of a plywood Nutshell Pram I originally built 18 or so years ago. Now I have no excuse do I?
I will watch for inspiration all the way!
Awesome project.
Bruce

G'day Bruce. Welcome to the mad house that is "SOLSTICE" haha

Haha Bruce I had no idea there was someone that haden't seen this thread. I'm waiting for Matt to finish that bow section and see the whole boat one color.

It's grown into a bit of a cult following hey haha

You won't be waiting long my friend ... pics to follow

This afternoon I Moved up on to the forward cabin roof and windscreen openings today. 70% of the area is already faired and just needs barrier coating with epoxy resin then priming. I want to get this whole section sorted so I can paint it with the remainder of the Starboard Bow. I Didn't do any "work" on her today more so just setting up the scaffold and hosing the area down and washing off the fibreglass dust from previous tasks. It's good to jump in the EWP and get some shots of her and seeing her from different angles. Really very happy and excited with how she's turning out.

IMG_1480325380.423199.jpg
IMG_1480325394.606294.jpg
IMG_1480325409.408314.jpg
IMG_1480325424.844398.jpg
IMG_1480325437.245287.jpg
IMG_1480325449.629955.jpg
IMG_1480325460.932907.jpg

This afternoon I Moved up on to the forward cabin roof and windscreen openings today. 70% of the area is already faired and just needs barrier coating with epoxy resin then priming. I want to get this whole section sorted so I can paint it with the remainder of the Starboard Bow. I Didn't do any "work" on her today more so just setting up the scaffold and hosing the area down and washing off the fibreglass dust from previous tasks. It's good to jump in the EWP and get some shots of her and seeing her from different angles. Really very happy and excited with how she's turning out.

As well you should be! :thumb:

Today I washed the cabin roof off and barrier coated it. A lot of this area will be coated in kiwigrip but it's good to treat all surfaces the same I guess.

Now I gotta go home and find my hatch. I had five and i could only see four at home so I thought one was down here at the boat but it's not so mild panic has set in now

IMG_1480485149.780494.jpg
IMG_1480485160.164949.jpg
IMG_1480485171.152459.jpg

Hendo, did you find the missing hatch - now you've got us all nervous..!

Flic might know where she last saw it or heard you mention it was. Probably under something?? - Good Luck... I'm sure it will "pop up". Hatches have hinges, not legs. - LOL!

No worries, it'll show up where you least suspect it. In my case it's usually where I left it, a safe spot I'd never forget :facepalm:

Looking great Matt, keep busy :)

[emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji323][emoji323][emoji323][emoji323]
Happy birthday [emoji323][emoji322][emoji320][emoji324][emoji512] Matt

Happy Birthday mate!

No worries, it'll show up where you least suspect it. In my case it's usually where I left it, a safe spot I'd never forget :facepalm:

Looking great Matt, keep busy :)

I'm staring to think I only had 4 not 5. I've bought 2 now anyway. I couldn't match the existing so I'm using the 2 I just bought up on the superstructure roof and 3 on the cabin roof

Back
Top Bottom