Old 08-31-2016, 08:56 PM   #581
Veteran Member

City: FT.Pierce, Fl
Vessel Name: Tuna Talk
Vessel Model: CC Tournament 30
Saloon floor space appears massive. Also like the addition of liquor bottle holder/rack behind the helm seat...nice touch!

Jim Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:06 PM   #582
Guru

More Photo's

A few more photos:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flybridge Aug 27.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	55846   Click image for larger version

Name:	Microwave Aug 27.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	55847   Click image for larger version

Name:	OSR Aug 27.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	55848   Click image for larger version

Name:	OSR Hatch Aug 27.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	55849  

N4061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:52 PM   #583

amazed that is a 38,looks much larger,congrats,and great journeys!
tinped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:14 PM   #584
Guru

City: Gloucester, MA
It's a good looking boat, no doubt about it.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:22 PM   #585
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Here's a side by side. Does this accurately represent the change in window size and shape, John?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Helmsman 38.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	55870  

Custom Google Trawler Forum Search
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:36 PM   #586
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Nice!!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:09 AM   #587
Guru

City: Gig Harbor
Vessel Name: Kinship
Vessel Model: North Pacific 43
Looks good.

Dave
SPOT page
dhays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:10 AM   #588
Guru

Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWright View Post
Here's a side by side. Does this accurately represent the change in window size and shape, John?

Thanks for the side by side comparison, we can see the slightly larger separation between the windows. It appears the yard "got it right" and we are looking forward to seeing the boat in person.

Yesterday we had our "meet and greet" with the new puppy which Mary will call "Sailor Blue" or Sailor for short. We bring her home on the 16th and I'm sure will help will the healing process we are both going through.

Tomorrow we meet with Jeddy, the interior decorator we used on the last three boats to start looking at interior soft items. Once the boat arrives Jeddy will meet us in San Diego to take measurements and let Mary make her final selections. It normally takes about two weeks for everything to be fabricated and installed. We will have the electronics and canvas installed during this two week period.

John
Old 09-01-2016, 02:46 PM   #589
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
I really like the reshaped and resized windows. The squared off aft window really helps the dock appeal! Looks like the aft pilothouse windows were shrunk, too. Looks great, John!

Would love to see more side-by-side shots of the changes you made on this model.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Helmsman 38.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	55891  

Custom Google Trawler Forum Search
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:35 PM   #590
Guru

More Photo's

Scott provided some new photo's this morning of the boat being prepared for shipment and the finished interior. I like this head on shot of the bow with the new bow rail and pilothouse roof / windows. While it may be partially the camera angle we believe the changes we made do provide a slightly sleeker look which i recognize I mentioned before.

John
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bow Prep for delivery Aug 31.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	55892  
Old 09-01-2016, 03:37 PM   #591
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4061 View Post
Scott provided some new photo's this morning of the boat being prepared for shipment and the finished interior. I like this head on shot of the bow with the new bow rail and pilothouse roof / windows. While it may be partially the camera angle we believe the changes we made do provide a slightly sleeker look which i recognize I mentioned before.

John
I forgot to mention the new wider / larger rub rail with a nice combination of rubber and SS. The contrast is just right against the white hull / deck.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:10 PM   #592
Guru

Interior Photo

Here is a nice photo of the salon looking forward from the aft deck entry. To the left you can see both engine room access doors open and someone inside the ER forward. A few of our changes stand out including the location of the Microwave oven. We liked the enclosed look offered by Scott but the original design had it positioned a little lower. There was not enough room for a coffee maker or other potential appliance underneath so we simple raised it up about eight inches allowing for more space below. This small change also provides for a little more openness in that part of the salon.

Another change the yard nailed perfectly was the redesigned handrail. The original design included a more traditional post which we believed could use an update and be a little more modern. We provided the yard with a simple sketch and a few words. The outcome is perfect and I believe will become the new standard.

To the right we can see the washer/dryer cabinet with the double shelving area above. Who would ever guess there is a WD in there? The shelving above will serve as a wine rack area with pictures above.

One standard item we thought about changing but listened to Scott and left alone is the bulkhead cut-out on the starboard side. This design allows for a clear line of sight aft and will be helpful when backing down. It also opens up the salon to the PH just enough to help reduce the compartmentalization we had struggled with on our other boats.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Salon Fwd Look Aug 31.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	55894  
Old 09-01-2016, 04:15 PM   #593
TF Site Team

City: Friday Harbor, WA
Vessel Name: Hobo
Vessel Model: Krogen 42-120
John: She looks great! In the 2nd to last picture there is a lot of small webbing everywhere. Do you know the purpose?
Larry M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:29 PM   #594
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Look GREAT!! - All Shined up and your place ta GO!!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:29 PM   #595
Guru

City: RI
It sure is a lot of fun watching a boat come together.
Looks like it won't be too long now.
Congrats!
Bruce
Old 09-01-2016, 08:42 PM   #596
Guru

Preparing for Shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
John: She looks great! In the 2nd to last picture there is a lot of small webbing everywhere. Do you know the purpose?
The webbing you see is to help support the shrink wrap which the yard applies prior to shipment. This little extra step is something we found as another example of the quality that goes into these boats. I can honestly tell you that our two new N40's arrived covered with salt spray and black soot from the container ship. On one boat someone left one of the small PH windows open just a enough to allow salt spray and soot get all over the PH console. It was a job getting it cleaned to our satisfaction.

While I recognize there is a cost associated with protecting boats to this level I have to wonder why some builders don't provide this service especially when your paying a million dollars even for a boat under 45'.

John
Old 09-01-2016, 08:55 PM   #597
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4061 View Post

While I recognize there is a cost associated with protecting boats to this level I have to wonder why some builders don't provide this service especially when your paying a million dollars even for a boat under 45'.

John
And it's not like yours is the only boat they ship. Why wouldn't they all have a system and use it consistently? Pretty bad first contact with your new boat when it arrives a mess.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:54 AM   #598
Guru

More Photo's

In this photo we can see the couch (starboard side) with the cream color leather Mary selected for the boat. All seating areas will use this same color to lighten up the boat from all the beautiful wood. The couch is about eight foot long and has a 90 degree bend along the aft bulkhead providing plenty of seating area. Once the boat arrives we plan use her for awhile before we decide what type and how large of a coffee table to add. Since we have the large table in the pilothouse for dinning we are not in any rush.

On a side note we noticed the color of the wood in the photos posted on TF is much lighter than the ones we received from Scott. These photos almost look like a washed out teak while the real color is a darker.

John
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Slon setee Aug 27.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	55923  
Old 09-02-2016, 09:11 PM   #599
Guru

Interior Soft Goods

Today we drove 60 miles to Dana Point, CA to meet with Jeddy our interior designer for the past three boats and now this boat. We have known Jeddy for ten years now and it was great catching up after not talking for a couple of years. He now has his granddaughter helping out in the showroom and she took great care of us. Mary picked out the carpet and decided on a 2" reveal with a darker color boarder. She also found a very cool looking soft fabric, large pleated Roman Shade with a bamboo print and color. We never seen this type of print before and believe it will add a nice tropical look to the boat without making it too dark.

Mary will find the OSR bedspread and pillows once the boat arrives. Next step is for Jeddy to meet us on the boat, take measurements and build the templates for the carpet. From there we are looking at three weeks until everything will be installed. In the mean time he offered to provide us with a few pieces of new carpet he has left over from other projects and cut them to the salon and PH dimensions.

Jeddy also showed us the latest materials being used for outside (aft deck) flooring. We decided to hold off on this since lessons learned confirmed things left outside get dirty quickly.

After our meeting we drove down the street to the marina for lunch gambling we could still beat Friday traffic home - we lost that bet big time and our one hour trip turned into two plus hours. I hate southern California traffic and freeways. Cabo is starting to look real nice!

John
Old 09-03-2016, 12:23 PM   #600
Guru

Last Photo Before Shipping

The last photo from the yard. All wrapped up and ready to go! While we look forward to the next phase of this journey I will miss the build process with all our changes and watching the boat come together. Now we sit tight without any new photos until 9/22/2016 when she arrives.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Wrapped for shipping (1).jpg
Views:	35
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	55986