Single Engine Californian 34

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prmitch

Hi,

I'm looking at possibly purchasing a single engine (Cat 3208) Californian 34. All the sources I've found so far indicates that the Californian 34 is a twin engine boat. Were single engines offered from the factory? How common are they?

Thank you,
Rick

Haven't heard about any single-engined Californian. Regardless, it would easily keep up with the 80 HP single-engined boat of mine.

Last edited:
What year was it built?

I've learned to, "Never say never when it comes to Californians."

Almost all Californians 34' and larger are twin engine boats.

They did make some Californian hulls into fishing boats. I've personally seen a single engine, 38' Californian gillnet boat and by the looks of it, I would say it was made that way.

If you look through some of our earlier post in the Californian section of this forum, there are a couple of oddity Californian boats, one a single engine 38' LRC and another made without a flybridge. Both are very rare boats.

They did make some smaller Californians similar to the 34' in appearance, but I think they were like 28' or 30' and they were singles.

Maybe some of the other 34' owners can comment on your question as well??

Welcome aboard Rick!!

She's a 1980 34-footer. I looked through the under stairs engine room access door and the engine room looks spacious with decent access to each side of the engine. If I look at her again I'll pull up the saloon floorboards for a better look. I have no out of the water photos.

We looked at three trawler style boats the other day. We liked the Californian best of the three.

Rick

Back
Top Bottom