shower curtain for 81 34' cal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cloy

Vessel Name
Daddy's Money
Vessel Make
1981 34' Californian Sedan
Trying to find source for shower curtain and track material.. Any thoughts??

I'd start in an RV store for the track. You might need to customize a store-bought curtain to fit. Hey....how hard can it be?

thanks for the help guys, kind of figured that, u know how many how hard can it bees when u are trying to upgrade the whole boat...

Baby steps with a priority list in order of your need-cost-benefit...well that was my approach. I've owned the boat for 8 years this summer and the list never ends, but the discretionary items become less necessary.

Cloy, do you have a curtain to work from for a pattern?

Tell us more about your 34. How bad is the boat and how much of "Daddy's Money" do you have to spend? When I bought my 34 LRC, the PO had owned it for 7 years and did a soft-interior rehab. New cushions, headliner and carpet along with a new fuel system made it an easy transition and a fast buy. It allowed me to focus on the mechanical which is my preference.

updates

Lets see, 4 new bilge pumps,hoses,and new wireing. Port multicooler trashed. Replaced part of it. Serviced all engines, replaced almost all dc wire,and ac, 2 newdc dist panel, 1 new ac panel, sel. Swit h. Instaled gen set its own bat. Installed tripplite .inverter,charger. 8new h.d.gma 6volt bats for aux bank. Extended flybridge floor to stern.hand rails around new back poarch top. Built a hard top for bridge, and jib pole and winch cause we bought new tender and propane out board. Handrails up stairs. Ac. Unit on roof, and rewired upstairs. And ofcourse had 22 zip out curtains. Built new pulpit. And thats just part of upgrades.

curtains, cap jon

Thanks for the site info, I'm all day on the peoject everyday and missy is takin up the slack and tryin to help too. The man that did our$11000.00 worth of curtains has gotten busy. He just started on cushions and tender cover.l was tryin to find a source. Got to go,fiberglassing stress cracks and winch holes and places I should have put my drill

dirty cobia with twin yam.s in air

Cap jon,
U would be proud of me. Thurs. Im bent over on the bow with A sander in hand,sweatin my a off and noticed how nasty boat in slip 17 was. But wait, thats my fishin boat. So I stopped,found my trailer, and pulled my boat. Going to service and clean up wax job it sat and sun. Come o ver ,its time to fish!!!!

Extended flybridge floor to stern.hand rails around new back poarch top. Built a hard top for bridge, and jib pole and winch cause we bought new tender and propane out board. Handrails up stairs. Ac. Unit on roof, and rewired upstairs.

Got some pics of this upgrade? I'd sure like to see your work. You must be talented with fiberglass and gelcoat.

Cap jon,
U would be proud of me. Thurs. Im bent over on the bow with A sander in hand,sweatin my a off and noticed how nasty boat in slip 17 was. But wait, thats my fishin boat. So I stopped,found my trailer, and pulled my boat. Going to service and clean up wax job it sat and sun. Come o ver ,its time to fish!!!!

I'll have to come over sometime and check it out :D

Sailrite has some nice track that's bendable with rollers and all hardware . I'm think about using it for mine .

upgrade picd

Got some pics of this upgrade? I'd sure like to see your work. You must be talented with fiberglass and gelcoat.
give me couple days and ill send pics. Busy and got company, still not finished, but almost at stopping point to take break. Maybe do a little drinkin, I mean fishing

Got tired of the curtain leaking & wrapping around crew members while showering; put in a Lexan door. Solved a bunch of problems AND made for happy crew

Chris,

I think I've got a picture somewhere of your shower door mod. I'll look for it.

Found the pics! Nice work, CHC!

img_330328_0_4c3563c56ad387a2217cda8b7fd3f1f9.jpg

img_330328_1_787a342b5a12ee9b91433f1f78d70fe7.jpg

img_330328_2_408b32e4a25c27927d1d890afbf75994.jpg

My curtain track is mounted directly above the outer lip of the shower. It hangs vertically with limited elbow room.

If I was replacing the track and curtain, I'd give consideration to mounting the track about a foot outside the edge, near the corner of the wood head door frame and designing the curtain with bottom velcro to keep the bottom inside the shower stall. This would provide a bit more elbow room in the shower but still keep all the water contained to the stall.

Al;
Thanks for posting the pics.

My curtain track is mounted directly above the outer lip of the shower. It hangs vertically with limited elbow room.

If I was replacing the track and curtain, I'd give consideration to mounting the track about a foot outside the edge, near the corner of the wood head door frame and designing the curtain with bottom velcro to keep the bottom inside the shower stall. This would provide a bit more elbow room in the shower but still keep all the water contained to the stall.
I just ordered a scandvik euro flush mount shower head/ faucet combo from Hopcar that should give me 7 inches more elbow room in my little shower / toilet room .:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom