helm pump on 42

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martymar

I have the original Wagner AW helm pump that I replaced seals on 3 years ago it's now leaking once again and I'm over it . I'm going to replace it with either a seastar Capilano 1250v,Jastram h26,or Kobelt 7003 AL. All are expensive 700.00to 1000.00 my question is does anyone have any insight on any of these? Or recommendations? I'm kinda leaning towards the seastar or the kobelt because they're both adjustable thus making for less revolutions from stop to stop which I think is going to be nice. Thanks for the insight. Martymar

I had a Kobelt system on my last boat, liked it a lot.
I think the helm pump was the 7003AL.
Set the volume to give 1 turn hard over to hard over for
each 10 feet of boat length ( assuming displacement hull).

Helped set up a Seastar system, wasn't favourably impressed,
probably too used to a heavy duty system.

Ted

helm pump

Thanks for that Ted that's my personal choice as far as looks and functionality however that seastar model is a heavier duty one than the basic ones and it also adjusts to 3.4 whereas the kobelt only goes to 3.0. But I don't think that's going to be needed considering I'll be going from a 1.9 . So thanks that helps my decision and wouldn't you know it that's the most expensive one. So this really will be another B wreak O ut A nother T housand x2 . Thanks again Martymar

Don't forget the volume per turn required is related to the diplacement of the cylinder
you are using.

Ted

Back
Top Bottom