Californian/Carver 52CPMY Fuel Capacity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Montenido

Vessel Name
Ansedonia
Vessel Make
Californian/Carver 52CPMY
Hi folks,

I just bought this boat about 6 weeks ago. The advertised fule capacity was 750gal in two tanks. On the trip down to Socal, I managed to run out of fuel. :banghead: It turned out that I was running both engines and the genny off one tank, not two. Anyway, I finally got around to topping off the tanks, and the dry one (fwd) only took 300 gal. The aft tank was also full before the trip, so I'm not sure of its capacity. Are there any C52 owners out there that know their fuel capacities? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Bill

Fuel tanks normally have a plate with manufacturer's information and internal capacity. Look for it.

If the tanks are rectangular or square, it's easy to measure them and calculate the capacity.

Thanks, WesK. I found the label, so I've got 300 gal in one tank and 380 gal in the other.:thumb:

Cheers, Bill

I would not take that info to the bank. None of my tanks hold the amount of fuel listed on the label. If you have a tank that the fill goes in the side instead of the top you may not be able to fill above the inlet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom