Californian 3400

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

helm

Vessel Name
Maverick
Vessel Make
Lindell 36
My first post on Trawler Forum and I am hoping one of the Californian owners might have some information on the Californian 3400. We are looking at a well kept boat, but there is a dearth of information about the boat. Does anyone have experience with the ride and sea keeping ability of the Californian 3400. We want to avoid a pounding hull in chop and wind waves
Thanks in advance

This one?

Delta Yacht Sales (Isleton, CA)

I've admired this model and have compared it to the 34 Californian of old like mine. The hull is different from ours...perhaps more similar to the Navigator line. I had an acquaintance with a 48 Nav who loved it. He liked the ride, although he said it was a little wet at times in the SF Bay and Pacific. If you plan to stay within the bay and delta primarily, I suspect it would be a great boat with a turn of speed....something I wish I had at times.

The hull has a sharp entry and 7 degree deadrise at the transom, so I'd expect a hull that cuts through the waves but can pound with too much speed. It's easy to pull the throttles back for the optimum ride/speed combo.

If you're thinking of a sea trial out of Rio Vista, catch a windy day on the ebb tide for a good check of its ride in swells.

Don't know much about the Volvo engine, but seems most late model Navigators and Californians come with them.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply
There are two boats out there currently, one at Delta Yacht sales and one in Tacoma. Your information is very helpful, If we get to a sea trial we'll hope for a windy day with lots of chop!
Thanks again

I've been coveting that Isleton boat for a while now. To me it's about the best all around Bay&Delta boat in its size. I have been told she has been a very pampered boat since new, and when shopping for a used boat the previous owners care standard is the most important thing I'm buying.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom