Old 06-30-2015, 02:02 PM   #1

City: San Clemente
Vessel Name: Amelia Rose
Vessel Model: California 34
California 34 Hull mounted engineroom vents

I just purchased a 1980 34 and all the engine room vents are cracked and have fallen apart. Does anyone have a lead on where these can be purchased? Thanks
Amelia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:57 PM   #2
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Congrats AR!! I have a 1977 model and have the SS vents like shown below. One of mine was missing a vane when I bought the boat. I found a replacement at West Marine that almost fit in without trimming! Nothing a little multi-tool couldn't correct in about a minute. I'm sure there are other sources available. Measure your vents then search via google. No doubt you can beat the WM prices and get it delivered to your door.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:21 PM   #3
chc

City: PA
Vessel Name: Scooter
Vessel Model: 1984 Californian 34 LRC
Replaced all of our '84 Californian 34's ER vents thru Defender marine. Units are made by SeaDog. As I recall, units fit fairly well w/o much, if any, trimming.
chc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:39 AM   #4
Guru

City: South Florida
Most of these style vents are a "knock off" of the original. I believe DetMar started them off in the 70's then Attwood, Whitecap, Seadog, T & H zn several others trying to win the OEM market jumped in with their version.
As mentioned, shop a little, biggest problem should be which brand to buy from who.

Keysdisease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:36 AM   #5
TG

City: Oceanside, CA
Vessel Name: Tera Grace
Vessel Model: Californian 42 LRC
The stainless ventilators seem to be problematic for rusting over the long term. I replaced my two lower 5 louver vents with White ABS plastic vents for $7.00 a piece. You also have the option of installing a collector box insert into the opening with the vent on top that helps direct water entering the vent back out. If I recall the collector boxes were only available for the ABS vents. The ABS are slightly larger than the Stainless by about a 1/4" and required opening the hole slightly.
TG is offline   Reply With Quote