SeaHorse II is Gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sure it has multiple shelves.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Trawler

Attachments

• Al Kroeger on SeaHorse.jpg
    Al Kroeger on SeaHorse.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 132
Not final yet! Trying to iron out a few issues but not sure if we can do it. :facepalm:
If we can't, there's another candidate waiting in the wings.:oldman:
They just put a back up offer in. :blush::eek:

Glad to hear it!!

Just in time. Might have saved you from having to fill the fridge!

Glad to hear it!!
Believe it or not, we have another showing this morning! Geez, I could make a few bucks by charging for tours! We've had a ton of them. Some tire kickers but most are sincere.

Taking "Sanpiper" out for a spin this morning to log some speeds at various rpm. We've done quite a bit of work on her this past month and am just now starting to use her. Entertaining on this boat has been the best and "The Admiral" really likes her. ("The Admiral" is the real admiral, AL!))

Attachments

• IMG_0836.jpg
    IMG_0836.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 130
I have no doubt the real admiral loves her!! What's not to love if your buddy's buying the diesel?? Seriously, your new OA looks perfect for you and Rene! Congrats and let us know how the speed runs go. Do you have a Floscan onboard? Smartgage or SOC battery monitor? I know those items were frequently used on SH2.

Do you have a Floscan onboard? Smartgage or SOC battery monitor? I know those items were frequently used on SH2.
The answer is no, no & no & boy do I miss those three things! While cruising this morning, I missed not knowing the fuel usage & my electrical system performance in real time.

I'm sure I'll add those items in the near future but now I am having one hell uv a time getting use to the electronic shifters and the delay that occurs after actually moving the shifter. The delay is about 1.5 seconds....doesn't sound like a lot but when in close quarters...it is! I almost got in trouble this morning trying to line up for the slip but because of the delay, I over shot the mark. Luckily the bow thruster saved the day as it is instantaneous.

More later...........

I don't think Al would fit in the fridge.

I think you're right, Dave. Al's head and his bottle of Jack doesn't even leave room for a pink hat.

Last edited:
NEWS FLASH! It's finally a done deal! SeaHorse II now resides in her new home at the Southwestern Yacht Club in San Diego. A very nice couple bought her and she will be on display this coming week end at the "opening day (of the season) festivities." She's been a great boat these past 8 years & I will miss her. (I already do and was a little sad seeing her cruising up the Bay to her new home.):cry:

Anyone out there that's looking for a great little trawler, grab the Island Gypsies as they deliver!

Attachments

• SeaHorse ii.jpg
    SeaHorse ii.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Sorry to see her go but happy she apparently has good new owners.

Good to hear the deal closed and all is well. She was a great ship! Maintained and sold in 'like-new' condition. That says a lot about her former owner!

Wow apparently I need to get on TF more!!! Congratulations Walt on buying the new and selling the old!

David, Al & Jennifer...Thanks for the kind words. Al & David had a ride or two on SeaHorse so they can attest as to how much I liked the boat. After watching her chugging up the bay, I drove back to my marina and spent the rest of the day on "Sandpiper." (Which is not hard to do!)

My mechanic and I worked most of the day today, changing out things I don't like, adding a new circuit here and there and making up a list of work to be done along with a schedule. When we are done, I will have a first class yacht, complete with nice guest facilities! This could be my finest boat yet!

Geeze, Walt. Guess we won't see her gracing the threads of TF any longer. Time to embrace change.

Seahorse II is gorgeous... I'm waiting for lots of pictures of the Sandpiper 'cause it would take a lot to be better than the Seahorse.

Congratulations and Condolences too. You did well. :)

The latest skinny on SeaHorse II is that her new owners moved her to their yacht club just 2 days before the opening day festivities. SeaHorse won "Best Dressed Power Boat" on 2015 Opening day! :cry:
(Talk about bringing in a ringer!) :whistling:

Attachments

• SeaHorse II at SWYC.jpg
    SeaHorse II at SWYC.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
The new owner should turn that award over to you. He just drove it to the judging!

The new owner should turn that award over to you. He just drove it to the judging!
Actually, I was delighted to hear the news!

That shiny, never-used, stainless-steel anchor may have done the trick. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom