Old 05-15-2018, 06:08 PM   #41
Guru

Vadim, I found LEDs on Ebay,years ago. From memory they are E27 but check,they are a screw fitting. All 6 at once use less than one of the bulbs replaced.
Jonma, IGs don`t start semi custom, though they may get that way after owners play with them.They were built by the Kong & Halvorsen partnership.Joseph Kong was ex GB and built a business with Halvorsen. Initial build was in mainland China from the late 1970s, the boats were completed in Hong Kong. The result is more GB than "Taiwanese Trawler".
The wiring is well executed, the battery set up is consistent but unusual;on twin engined IG36s, 2 8Ds serve start and house,plus a genset start batt. The Owners Manuals include wiring and plumbing diagrams. A shortcoming imo,is no dedicated house batts, which Vadim`s PO probably tried to remedy.

BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:51 AM   #42

City: Rockville, MD.
Vessel Name: Libra
Vessel Model: Island Gypsy 36 Trawler
Here is what i do not get it. How does it work? Any help appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1711.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	76765  

Vadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:07 AM   #43

What is interesting about this fuel system setup is that it clearly shows returns to 4 tanks. The supply on the other hand is some what a puzzle. Any of you seasoned captains may have any idea about it. It is very sad that the PO does not have any idea about it. He never used the boat more than few hours a year.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:21 AM   #44

City: Pittwater
Vessel Name: Liberty
Vessel Model: 57 foot Halvorsen
Hi Vadim,

Welcome to the Trawler forum. Our vessel is a Halvorsen / Island Gypsy/ Kong , 57, I believe a similar design and Build? We have 6 Fuel tanks carrying 6,500 litres and our fuel Manifold is similar.

Return is very simple, just open the valves on the tanks you would like the fuel returned to. In most cases it will be the nominated tanks you are running from or if you want to change trim you can distribute the Fuel / weight back to say one of the other tanks.

On the Fuel supply side can you get a better photo or sketch which pipes go to which valves, as the photo is not clear, i.e. the bottom valve appears to have a feed from either side and I am guessing it is not connected to the other side valves, but only the top valve? If you can clarify this I may be able to assist ?

Regards Chris D Liberty.
Liberty2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:25 AM   #45

City: Pittwater
Vessel Name: Liberty
Vessel Model: 57 foot Halvorsen
Hi Vadim,

forgot to ask , do the tanks themselves have a on/ off valve at the tanks on the supply line ? We have these also , which I assume where put in as a safety factor in case of a fuel loss event in the manifold, filters, etc.

regards Chris D Liberty
Liberty2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:19 AM   #46

Thank you Liberty2015. I finally got it. For some reason or the other all my four tanks are connected together. Out of each tank the outlet with valve come to a T which is looping the entire fuel system. actually it is kind of convenient because you do not have to closely monitor your small day tanks.
Well we start our move from Tennessee to Maryland.
First leg we manage to go to Savannah, GA. 1756 miles, 2 weeks.