IG36 with island bed forward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GeoffW

Hi there,
I'm new to this forum and in the market for a trawler. Nice forum you folks have here.
One appealing option is the IG36 Extended Flybridge - good build, styling, reasonable fuel efficiency and about the right size for us. I see that a semi-island bed was an option for the forward cabin. We don't need the second cabin. Does anyone have any information on how common this layout is in Australia? Put another way, am I likely to grow old (well, even older than I already am) waiting for a good one of these to come on to the Australian market? The one curently on the market has the V berth.
Any information gratefully received!
Cheers,
Geoff.

Hi Geoff, They are rare. I have one,1981 built, which I bought in 2010. I`ve not seen another. It`s a Europa version.

Ours has the one fwd sleeping cabin, with semi island bed. This enabled a PO (previous owner who owned it for 25 years) to take it a step further by creating a separate shower where had been a wardrobe/dressing table, thus separating shower and head. The head is to port, the shower to stbd, in separate compartments. I call it "the selfish couple`s fitout".

Happy for you to take a look if you wish. You could send me a PM (private message) with your contact details.

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for your reply and offer to look at your unique IG. It's a really good (and unfortunately uncommon) arrangement for a couple. Will let you know about having a look.
Inspecting a couple of trawlers that are on the market this weekend.
Cheers,
Geoff.

Semi Island bed? Do you mean an infill for the V-berth or something more exotic?

Bruce, maybe you could post a picture of this rare animal. Would be interested in having a look sometime myself.

Cheers

Andy

Semi Island bed? Do you mean an infill for the V-berth or something more exotic?

Bruce, maybe you could post a picture of this rare animal. Would be interested in having a look sometime myself.

Cheers

Andy
Andy, you are always welcome onboard. Here are some pics to show the bed,and separate head and shower compartments.

Mmm.. we might have tidied up a little. I believe the shower compartment install was done by Halvorsen at Bobbin Head,the joinery is matched to appear like an original build.

Attachments

• DSC_1283.jpg
    DSC_1283.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC_1284.jpg
    DSC_1284.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_1285.jpg
    DSC_1285.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
That looks great Bruce, must catch up for a sqizz. Do you have LED's under the bottom of the bulkhead where the pillows are? I put some in Sarawana, makes the forward berth much brighter.

I tell you what, they did a good job putting that extra bathroom in. Looks like excellent cabinetry work. The PO of Sarawana did a lot of cabinetry work before we bought the boat, it is also of a very high calibre. The shipwright at Cottage Point did it, can't remember his name.

That looks great Bruce, must catch up for a sqizz. Do you have LED's under the bottom of the bulkhead where the pillows are? I put some in Sarawana, makes the forward berth much brighter.

I tell you what, they did a good job putting that extra bathroom in. Looks like excellent cabinetry work. The PO of Sarawana did a lot of cabinetry work before we bought the boat, it is also of a very high calibre. The shipwright at Cottage Point did it, can't remember his name.
The current shipwright at Cottage Point is Andrew Storey of Foreshore Marine. I`m booked in for some work, but he`s busier than a one armed taxi driver with crabs. Work from KMYC members would be enough to keep him going. Shipwrights are the last bastion of good cabinetry.

The shower compartment door is matched to the head,down to the door handle. We don`t use the reading lamps enough to replace the halogen globes,but LEDs are a good idea.

duplicate!

I don't mind my Sweetie moving over me to leave the bed. Besides, it is mostly me, on the outside, leaving the bed during the night. :dance:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom