Old 11-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
Guru

City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
IG 36 Holding Tank Retrofit

We want to fit a holding tank system to our 1981 Kong & Halvorsen IG36 with one fwd sleeping cabin. Has anyone done it, if so how was it done, what issues were encountered, what tips can you give.

The head is to port, the separate shower to stbd. There is some space below deck between the aft bulkhead of the head and the port water tank and engine which might accommodate a tank.

Any help would be much appreciated.

BruceK- IG 36 Europa. Sydney Australia.
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:34 PM   #2

Vessel Name: Arcturus
Vessel Model: Polaris 35
RE: IG 36 Holding Tank Retrofit

Bruce I have just fitted a new holding tank to my boat which as you know is not an IG but it was custom made for me in Sydney at what I consider to be a very reasonable price. Will give you details if that would help.

John
Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:09 AM   #3
Guru

City: Mooloolaba
Vessel Name: Flora
Vessel Model: Timber southern cray boat

Bruce,
another manufacturer of tanks is Atlas tanks.
make to order and are pretty reasonable .They made my new tank last year.
They have a lot of stock tank sizes and a fair few chandelerys carry them.
They are a Sunshine Coast Qld Co so may be there is another closer to you
Tidahapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:37 PM   #4
Guru

Quote:
Rebel wrote:
Bruce I have just fitted a new holding tank to my boat which as you know is not an IG but it was custom made for me in Sydney at what I consider to be a very reasonable price. Will give you details if that would help.

John
*I would appreciate that John. I`m also trying to talk to an owner of an IG 36 for sale which has an Aus. made "Sani-Loo".From posts elsewhere by Peggy and others, it clearly has to be done right.

BruceK
Old 11-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #5
Hospitality Officer

City: Pittwater
Vessel Name: Sarawana
Vessel Model: IG 36 Quad Cabin

Bruce the following may help.

I would post the brochures but it seems we can't do that on the forum. This is some of the info I have collected over the years.

ALFABS E Tanks02-4936 2555 up at Kurri Kurri*:Round fibreglass tanks lots of sizes Try Lee Bradstreet 0414 555544 He used to be at the RMYC but has mooved to another marina in Pit****er.

Sani Loo system,*I had a quote for my IG 36(two heads)*for two units $5,827 installed.The boat next to me has used this system , did a lot of the work himself, seems very happy with it. I found the people at Sani Loo very helpful give them a call. They are up in Maryborough*07-4123 4999

I don't know where you keep your boat in Sydney, but if you are interested in the system come on up to the RMYC in Pit****er, and I will have a word with my neighbour to get him to show you the system.
Andy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:51 PM   #6
Hospitality Officer

What the ?, what's with this auto censor rubbish, I'll try substituting Newport for Pit****er, lets see what happens
Old 11-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
Guru

Quote:
shrimp wrote:

if you are interested in the system come to the RMYC in Pit****er, and I will have a word with my neighbour to get him to show you the system.
*Thanks Andy, I may do that. "Doriana" is on the Lane Cove river, I can drive up. If your neighbour is a 1978 IG36 it could be the boat for sale at Pit****er (just teasing the system) via Andrew Moore at RMYC I`m trying to contact.

I searched Sani-Loo`s website, has a holding tank after the treatment tank,(?like Lectrasan). Also the Sani-Loo business is for sale, query future support.

BruceK
Old 11-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #8
Hospitality Officer

Cripes, I hope Andrew is not trying to sell my boat without telling me.

I was just having a chat with him at the club 20 minutes ago. Andrew sold us Sarawana in 2006.Our neighbour, with the Sani loo system, is the boat behind ours in my avatar, a Ranger 36.

I didn't know Sani Loo was for sale. That may change things a bit.

There is fair bit of info on this subject, not Sani Loo's as such, but similar systems in the archives, worth a troll.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:19 AM   #9

Vessel Name: Arcturus
Vessel Model: Polaris 35

Hi Bruce.

The company I used was Wrengo Tanks. I dont have their phone number here in Perth but they advertise in Afloat Magazine so you should be able to get it from there.

John
Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote