Old 03-22-2010, 09:35 PM   #41

RE: Halvorsen

Hello Jeff
"Ekhaya" was in Mystic about 3.5 years ago, at that time she had a different name and belonged to a previous owner. If you have seen an "Atlantique 50" then it was this one since she is the only one ever built. The blue hull ones are built by Queenship and now by Sea Spirit Yachts and are using the same mold only stretched by 10 ft. and the same beam etc. They are all called Passagemaker. I was very fortunate to find her and did a major refit in the winter of 08-09. She has become my home and hence the name. Ekhaya is a Zulu word for "at home" I grew up in South Africa and thought that this would be an appropriate name. You can actually see the two boats together on my webpage under the category Trawlerfest, since the first 60 belongs a good friend of mine. Her name is "Dauntless". The website is here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/my-ekhaya/
Fair winds
Stephan

EKHAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:35 PM   #42
Guru

City: Cruising East Coast US
Vessel Name: Grace
Vessel Model: DeFever 48

I must admit I've been secretly seeing EKHAYA for years. first I admired her in the design phase, then I stumbled upon her shoved up in a corner of a marina in Annapolis, then lo and behold she turned up half a mile away in Deltaville, VA from my marina. She is a beauty and I never understood why she ended at hull one. Great boat "ship", really always liked the yellow stack.

Daddyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:06 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Stepan,

Ekhaya*certainly is a* beautiful yacht.* I hope we'll run across one another on the water one day.

Jeff
jethrobd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:52 AM   #44

Hello DaddyoYes I found her in Annapolis and she will return to Norview Marina in Deltaville tomorrow. She needs a little TLC such as new bottom paint and a real deep clean, a year of cruising takes its toll. I really hope that there will be a get together of Halvorsens in the future, I would surely come. These are exceptional boats and I truly love mine. I am usually spending a lot of time on her also when she is in Deltaville, I have a large group of friends there and we always meet on weekends. If you are in the area, you are always welcome.
Fair winds and calm seas
Stephan
Old 03-23-2010, 10:55 AM   #45

Hello JeffI hope that all the Halvorsens can meet some time in the future, I will be in the Chesapeake this summer and explore all the sights before going to the islands for the winter. When you are in the area you are always welcome
Fair winds and calm seas
Stephan