Halvorsen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful!!!!

John baker used the word "beautiful" to describe Mark's boat. They are, indeed, <u>just exactly that.</u> Like a great looking woman that just oozes sex, one you might be tempted to try, just for a few moments and will risk just about everything and.......Wait a minute!* I've already done that! (SeaHorse is also a Halvorsen but not the sophistication of Mark's boat. No electronic engine, no extra 2 feet of cockpit, no fly bridge, etc.) But she's great lookin!

Walt, I totally agree. That is one fine boat ya got there.

Thanks John. I look forward to posting a bit more about her in due course. Busy travelling during the week, and spending weekends familiarising myself with "Beluga" and her few quirks, but also identifying the odd snagging issues which the builders are attending to. I'm not doing this as intensively as I would want because weekends are short and there's only so much I can do with twin toddlers running around with crayon and sharp utensils! But the process of enjoying the fruits of this project have begun... the children are crazy about the boat!

More anon,
Mark

Hello all Halvorsen owners, here is another one. This is my Halvorsen Atlantique 50. We just came back from the British Virgin Islands and she has been my home for more than a year. I love her and Halvorsen and the designer Vincent Mausset have done a wonderful job.

Attachments

• 2009-06-29-026b.jpg
    2009-06-29-026b.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 166
EKHAYA wrote:Hello all Halvorsen owners, here is another one. This is my Halvorsen Atlantique 50. We just came back from the British Virgin Islands and she has been my home for more than a year. I love her and Halvorsen and the designer Vincent Mausset have done a wonderful job.
Might I have seen this boat at the Solomon's TrawlerFest or Annapolis Powerboat show in the past year or so?* She looks very familiar.* A beauty to be sure.

Steve:

Beautiful boat!!* I surfed your web site and am very impressed with the boat. Some data on speed, fuel burn, fuel capacity and a story or two about your cruising life would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the "Halvorsen Site!"

Walt

Hello, Ekhaya!

What a beautiful boat!* I'm really partial to the rounded stern motor yacht design of the Atlantique 50; a gorgeous boat and a great size, as well.* As I recall, there's now a 60' version by another builder, as well.* That seems a bit big for my needs, though.

I recall seeing an Atlantique 50 in Mystic, Connecticut perhaps 2 years ago.* We were leaving the seaport and couldn't stop as we motored through the bascule bridge.* Not sure she was your's, though; as I recall,*that boat*had a blue hull.

Jeff S.
Resolution
IG 39 Eurosedan
Portsmouth, RI

Hello again, "EKHAYA" is 54 ft. lenght, 17Ft 4in beam and a draft of 6.5 ft withall tanks full. She weighs in at 43.2 metric tons and has a single 300 hp Lugger (Komatsu 6108) Tank capacity is 1600 gal in two tanks, burn rate is 5.7 knt. 0.8 gal/hr; 6.8 knt. 2.1 gal/hr; 8 knt. 4.4 gal/hr. Hull speed is 10.4 knts. Cruising stories will follow soon once I get back on land, I have been cruising since March 2009 and will get back to a landlubber life next week. OK only temporarily, I have to take care of a few things until the next cruise

Hello Jeff
"Ekhaya" was in Mystic about 3.5 years ago, at that time she had a different name and belonged to a previous owner. If you have seen an "Atlantique 50" then it was this one since she is the only one ever built. The blue hull ones are built by Queenship and now by Sea Spirit Yachts and are using the same mold only stretched by 10 ft. and the same beam etc. They are all called Passagemaker. I was very fortunate to find her and did a major refit in the winter of 08-09. She has become my home and hence the name. Ekhaya is a Zulu word for "at home" I grew up in South Africa and thought that this would be an appropriate name. You can actually see the two boats together on my webpage under the category Trawlerfest, since the first 60 belongs a good friend of mine. Her name is "Dauntless". The website is here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/my-ekhaya/
Fair winds
Stephan

I must admit I've been secretly seeing EKHAYA for years. first I admired her in the design phase, then I stumbled upon her shoved up in a corner of a marina in Annapolis, then lo and behold she turned up half a mile away in Deltaville, VA from my marina. She is a beauty and I never understood why she ended at hull one. Great boat "ship", really always liked the yellow stack.

Stepan,

Ekhaya*certainly is a* beautiful yacht.* I hope we'll run across one another on the water one day.

Jeff

Hello DaddyoYes I found her in Annapolis and she will return to Norview Marina in Deltaville tomorrow. She needs a little TLC such as new bottom paint and a real deep clean, a year of cruising takes its toll. I really hope that there will be a get together of Halvorsens in the future, I would surely come. These are exceptional boats and I truly love mine. I am usually spending a lot of time on her also when she is in Deltaville, I have a large group of friends there and we always meet on weekends. If you are in the area, you are always welcome.
Fair winds and calm seas
Stephan

Hello JeffI hope that all the Halvorsens can meet some time in the future, I will be in the Chesapeake this summer and explore all the sights before going to the islands for the winter. When you are in the area you are always welcome
Fair winds and calm seas
Stephan

The last Marine Traffic hit was Croatia 5 years ago. Maybe sold and name change?

The last Marine Traffic hit was Croatia 5 years ago. Maybe sold and name change?

I believe she now resides in Australia and is a Halvorson.I found some more photos. Looks like a swim platform was installed at some time by one of the owners. Makes you wonder how she would now handle a following sea. Doesn't it counter act the the thought of having a rounded stern?

Attachments

• 20210414_042445.jpg
    20210414_042445.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210414_042507.jpg
    20210414_042507.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210414_042534.jpg
    20210414_042534.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210414_042553.jpg
    20210414_042553.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210414_042611.jpg
    20210414_042611.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210414_042626.jpg
    20210414_042626.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 18
Gourmet Cruiser 33 height

I’m trying to get overall height with radar mast etc removed. Trying to arrange shipping by truck from Virginia to RI. I can’t find specifications anywhere.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom