Old 12-12-2016, 08:53 PM   #1

City: New Smyrna Beach
1994 IG 49' Project

Ok, I found a 49' that needs all the work completed, decks are in need of work, two engines are out, new fuel tanks are custom built and two are in and the other two ready to go in, generator gone, some flooring needs work in the cabin, all 5 ac units are removed. The owner has two new ac units and plenty of parts, he has cancer and can't finish. The boat is in the water behind his house, no haul out for 6 years, located in south Florida. Price reflects condition, 15K OBO. Fly bridge needs work, hull needs awlgrip. Opinions, remarks, anyone have input. Can I get a original manual set, wiring prints, or anything for this boat. I don't even know what class it is, Europa or other. Just trying to get an idea. I have been around boats all my life, rebuilt many, not worried about the work it needs, just want to learn more.
bridgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:10 PM   #2
Guru

City: Sydney
Looks like your going to learn a lot
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:25 PM   #3
Guru

Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
I`m not familiar with a 49ft IG, though I did meet a timber (Meranti!) 50ft on the hard post sinking. Impressive vessel, despite the sinking.
Your best chance is/was Mark Halvorsen,son of Harvey H, who I`m guessing designed your boat. One TFer is friends with Harvey,he may come in. I could not find Harvey on a search,though I could a couple of years ago.
I doubt you will get drawings and wiring diagrams unless you find the Manual it probably came with. Does the builders plate tell you who built it, that could be a start. Pictures should show the model, I`m guessing Europa.
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:26 PM   #4
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Oh boy...
Old 12-12-2016, 09:54 PM   #5
Guru

Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
Try Sydney Boat Marina. Empire Marina is located at Bobbin Head NSW Australia, on the site formerly occupied by Halvorsen Boats for their marina, marine service and cruiser hire business. The Managing Director is John Lawler,he is both helpful and competent, try to message him.
They may be able to find Mark H, he ran the brokerage there until a few years ago.
The makers plate is usually located centrally high above the helm. A 1989 IG 36 just sold by Empire had a plate which read" Built By Jiang Hua Marine & Engineering Co. Ltd. She Kuo. The People`s Republic of China".
Wonder if they can be found. Your President Elect seems to have some contact.
Lots of luck! 15K buys a lot of parts and a shell to start the rebuilding. Factor in some osmosis, I doubt yours missed out.
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 05:58 AM   #6
Hospitality Officer

City: Pittwater
Vessel Name: Sarawana
Vessel Model: IG 36 Quad Cabin
Same as Bruce, I haven't come across a 49' IG. Any photo's?, and of course welcome to the forum.

You may be just about to start a project to rival Hendo.
Andy G is offline   Reply With Quote