What's on the Trawler Discussion list?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Willy
Vessel Make
Willard Nomad 30'
After not clicking on the off topic thread for over a year I did and found that adds from the classified thread show up on the discussion list but not anything from the off topic thread. I think it should be the other way around or neither one. A person can place an add on the classifieds and when it gets to the bottom of the list make a comment and bump it up to the top of the list. Of course this can be done to one's general posts too. I don't have much of any stock in either thread so this is basically an observation however I'd probably rather not see the adds on the main discussion list.

Classified ads should not be used as discussion threads (though it happens from time to time) therefore should not be bumped up the "Trawler Discussions" side bar unless someone inquires of them or they are updated by the OP. "Bumping Threads" is against forum rules(extremely rare to find someone engaging in it other than the newest of members) and is clearly outlined in them, a link to them is found at the bottom of every page.

Off Topic posts have never been included in the "Trawler Discussions" side bar as by definition they are off topic :blush:

Could someone please explain to me what gets on the Trawler Discussion sidebar.
I'm not sure I'm using the site right as I am expecting discussions to show up there and not all do. I can't seem to find the information with the search function.

The last 17 posts are on the sidebar. If you click 'new posts' on the red menu bar above, all posts since you last logged on will be listed.

The last 17 posts are on the sidebar. If you click 'new posts' on the red menu bar above, all posts since you last logged on will be listed.

That is my point. The last seventeen are not showing up on the sidebar. I discovered a interesting thread in the Catamaran section that doesn't appear on the sidebar. Never has as far as I know. Last post 1800 hrs. Last post here at 1740 hrs and is on sidebar. So, again, what is the scoop? Are there specific topics only that get on the sidebar? I have been using it to find new posts and have obviously been missing some. As has been said already I will now also check the New Posts icon in the red bar at the top.
Thanks, eh!

Some sections like classifieds and Harbor Chat do not appear as Trawler Discussions b/c they are not trawler discussions. As dimer2 said, use the NEW POSTS like in the top red bar to access most threads including classifieds, Harbor Chats.

If you participate in a Social Group, those posts are not included in either list. You can subscribe to those threads and social groups of interest to follow them more closely.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
That is my point. The last seventeen are not showing up on the sidebar. I discovered a interesting thread in the Catamaran section that doesn't appear on the sidebar. Never has as far as I know. Last post 1800 hrs. Last post here at 1740 hrs and is on sidebar. So, again, what is the scoop? Are there specific topics only that get on the sidebar? I have been using it to find new posts and have obviously been missing some. As has been said already I will now also check the New Posts icon in the red bar at the top.
Thanks, eh!

I checked and changed up a few settings. More recently added forums (like catamarans) had been overlooked in the side bar display. Harbor chat is still excluded :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom