Want to rent a trawler in BVIs or Bahamas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aptbroker1

Hi All,

I am a long time Grand Banks 42, Mainship 40 and Carver 42 boat owner in the Pacific Northwest and in Florida, getting ready to retire. I am hoping to find a boat owner with a trawler or other power boat in the Bahamas or BVI's who would like some extra income from their vessel while they are not boating. I would like to spend a month or so getting reacquainted with liveaboard lifestyle. We have sailed our GB 42 to The Bahamas from Tarpon Springs FL many times in the 1990's, so I am experienced at skinny water navigation. I have also chartered boats in both places over the years. Now I want to do a "trial run" before I pull the trigger on another trawler to own. If you own a power boat in either location, I would love to hear from you.

Randy Smith
Portland, Oregon
503-320-3030

I am fairly familiar with the VI's and the Bahamas. I can't really advise on where you will find any trawlers in their charter fleets?? You might have to make do with a power cat or perhaps an aft cabin motor yacht. Best to call a tier II or III charter outfit for advice. Moorings or Sunsail or the like will not be able to help. Many years ago I did charter a 42' aft cabin out of St. John, USVI. Good luck

A couple of times each year the question of chartering from individuals comes up and I give the same advice: be very wary about insurance. Most recreational insurance policies do not cover commercial use and chartering is commercial. You could be on the hook personally for any damage, not to mention if you hurt someone else while operating the boat.

David

Try www.virginmotoryachts.com in Tortola. ol' Trawlers in Paradise (GB) is no longer in business. I haven't heard if Virgin fleet has been replaced since Irma. Moorings seems to be up and running with their power cat boats.

Back
Top Bottom