Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 11:44 AM   #21
Guru

City: Atlantic Highlands, NJ
Vessel Name: Moana Huaka'i
Vessel Model: Selene 53
ok here's what I propose:

I can work on the design of a new T-shirt for the forum. We can put the logo in the front (small by the pocket area) and have a nice graphic on the back. If we agree I can start a new thread so people can vote in their favorite trawler model to use for the graphic (voting for your own boat not allowed)

how does that sound?
Old 01-13-2015, 12:19 PM   #22
Guru

City: Campbell River
Vessel Name: Blue Sky
Vessel Model: Nordic Tugs 42 Hull #001
Sounds great!

A simple suggestion is to create the shirts in the same red colour that is predominant on this site and have a chest wide silk screen of the banner at the top of this page. (Truncated or not). Transpose the logo so that it is in the shirt pocket area, and you're done.

It would be instantly recognizable by all Trawler Forum devotees.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:19 PM   #23

City: Qualicum Beach, British Columbia
Vessel Name: Change of Heart
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 42
Found my original design files for the new TF logo. Would need to do an initial run of at least a few dozen to make it worthwhile. I'll put some calls out for pricing on some Hanes Beefy-T shirts. They're a high quality, heavy cotton shirt. Could run shortsleeves, longsleeves or both. If interest is sufficient a run of hats could be done too...standby.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:39 PM   #24

Just heard back from the printers...
I could supply shirts as follows:
Four colour print on front only would be $15. ea plus $5. shipping.
Four colour front and back would be 19.25 ea. plus $5. shipping.
These are Gildan Heavy cotton short sleeve in white.
Pricing shown is based on an initial order of 72 shirts.
Conrad suggested red shirts which would look good except it would add another print colour which would bump up the cost, add to that the red looks less than great after a few washes.
Will provide pricing on decals (which I can print in-house) and hats shortly. - Boyd
BTW...I'm working on this assuming that the management at TF doesn't have alternate plans.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:01 PM   #25

Window decals...
Would you prefer your username or trawlerforum.com?
I may be a bit paranoid about privacy and security but personally speaking I would lean towards trawlerforum.com
Attached Thumbnails
1-DSC01864.JPG   2-DSC01865.JPG  
Old 01-13-2015, 01:14 PM   #26
Guru

it doesn't make sense to make two different shirts. Boydster I have no problem designing these and getting them done, unless you're going to do it.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:20 PM   #27
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydster View Post
Window decals...
I may be a bit paranoid about privacy and security but personally speaking I would lean towards trawlerforum.com
I would also lean toward Trawlerforum.com, although I suppose the boat name would be nice, but really redundant I think.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:24 PM   #28
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
I'm assuming pink is out of the question?

My preference would be for the small logo over the left chest and the larger graphic across the back. I have some shirts with a large area of silk screened graphics on the back and they get warm in the sun and are uncomfortable.

HopCar has some new tech, lightweight 100% polyester material shirts with advertising graphics that are very comfortable and silky smooth. They're from a4.com and look like a long sleeved version of this... https://www.a4.com/Product/n3142

At 3.8-4.0 oz per yard, they're lightweight, snag and stain resistant and very comfortable.

I just bought another like it from a local electronics shop that are made by Sport Tek. (Click Adult/Activewear/scroll down to ST350.)

They are my two go-to shirts for comfort. They look great in gray/silver.

Just food for thought...

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
Old 01-13-2015, 01:30 PM   #29
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWright View Post
I'm assuming pink is out of the question?
Absolutely not! Go with my suggestion of the TF red, and eventually they will fade to pink. Everybody will be happy.

Well, maybe not everybody.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:42 PM   #30
Guru

The shirts that I was suggesting are these: Pima Cotton T Shirts - Crazy Shirts Official Site

very very light, the graphic is NOT the heavy plastic. this is water based paints with very lightweight feel. holds up great long term also! We can order them in a few different colors.

My thought was a graphic on the back with the forum logo on the front left
Old 01-13-2015, 01:54 PM   #31

A note to all interested parties...
Please don't take this as sour grapes; it's not. However the logo you see was designed and submitted by me to a design "contest" posted by the original webmaster at TF. My design was chosen and no award or prize was given and none was ever expected. I was quite happy to pay back the efforts or those that built and maintained this forum through the donation of my field of expertise. What you see as the finished product didn't materialize quickly, easily or with the use of clipart. It is unique and entirely original, as is the slogan attached to the logo which is also my doing. The finished design is also just one of several of mine that were submitted, not to mention those that ended up in the waste can. Little did I know that the forum was to be sold shortly after the request for designs was put out there and that TF would now be run as a "for profit" venture.
I have the original design vector files, I am quite willing to forward the files at a very fair price to whomever would care to move ahead with these shrts, hats etc.
Otherwise the design will have to be redrawn, digitized and colour layers seperated by anybody that wants to do a quality print, and it aint' no quick and easy job.
I don't mean to come off like a stick-up artist but I'm a graphic designer by trade and I do not donate to businesses. I doubt many here would practice their chosen profession or trade for free; I'm afraid I can't afford to do so either. If anybody wants to purchase the files I may be contacted via private messaging. - Boyd
Old 01-13-2015, 02:04 PM   #32
keb

City: Portland, OR
Very fair and reasonable request.

Kevin
Portland, OR
Old 01-13-2015, 02:07 PM   #33
Guru

Quote:
A note to all interested parties...
Please don't take this as sour grapes; it's not. However the logo you see was designed and submitted by me to a design "contest" posted by the original webmaster at TF. My design was chosen and no award or prize was given and none was ever expected. I was quite happy to pay back the efforts or those that built and maintained this forum through the donation of my field of expertise. What you see as the finished product didn't materialize quickly, easily or with the use of clipart. It is unique and entirely original, as is the slogan attached to the logo which is also my doing. The finished design is also just one of several of mine that were submitted, not to mention those that ended up in the waste can. Little did I know that the forum was to be sold shortly after the request for designs was put out there and that TF would now be run as a "for profit" venture.
I have the original design vector files, I am quite willing to forward the files at a very fair price to whomever would care to move ahead with these shrts, hats etc.
Otherwise the design will have to be redrawn, digitized and colour layers seperated by anybody that wants to do a quality print, and it aint' no quick and easy job.
I don't mean to come off like a stick-up artist but I'm a graphic designer by trade and I do not donate to businesses. I doubt many here would practice their chosen profession or trade for free; I'm afraid I can't afford to do so either. If anybody wants to purchase the files I may be contacted via private messaging. - Boyd
The plan was to sell the shirts for what they cost to make, not make a profit. If I end up making the shirts it would be easier if you would be willing to let me use the existing files, otherwise I'll have my production department or their art people re-do it. I wasn't making a profit from doing this, and neither is the forum. At least not that I've heard of yet.

If the forum owners wish to take this upon themselves and sell these for a profit I would agree with you. (unless you've previously agreed that the work you created belongs to the forum)
Old 01-13-2015, 02:25 PM   #34

No Mast, if you have the ability and patience to finance, produce and individually post or ship these, more power to you. We're a boutique business that caters exclusively to film and television; handling these orders would be above and outside our daily operations. Trust me in that nobody on this end would be getting rich off the sale of several dozen T-shirts but in my opinion whomever takes this project on should be rewarded, even if only minimally. I don't recall any kind of agreement stated by TF or me offering any but if somebody wants to run with this I certainly won't object. If you have the means to generate the necessary artwork with colour and font matching, more power to you. I only ask that you respect the effort that went into the design by doing a quality job of reproducing it.
All the best. - Boyd
Old 01-13-2015, 02:36 PM   #35
Guru

City: Niceville, FL
Vessel Name: At Last
Vessel Model: 1990 Jefferson 52 Marquessa
What do you think about a pocket in the T shirt? It sure comes in handy for my cheaters.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:58 PM   #36
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Does it have to be a boat on the T-Shirt? What about...

Old 01-13-2015, 03:08 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
Greetings,
Does it have to be a boat on the T-Shirt? What about...

...yup, it's turning into one of those design by committee situaitons that we just love.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:11 PM   #38
Guru

Really, anything is just great. I really appreciate the effort and would get some. Even before I typed that message I was thinking that it may be well over the top. Just an idea but like I said anything would be great!
Old 01-13-2015, 03:13 PM   #39
Veteran Member

City: La Petite Mort
Quote:
Window decals...

I vote trawlerforum.com for the stickers, username and a pocket on the shirt
Old 01-13-2015, 03:16 PM   #40
Guru

I would be in for at least two. One long sleeve if you have them and one short. Maybe two short.
Closed Thread