Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 04:28 PM   #41
Guru

City: Atlantic Highlands, NJ
Vessel Name: Moana Huaka'i
Vessel Model: Selene 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydster View Post
No Mast, if you have the ability and patience to finance, produce and individually post or ship these, more power to you. We're a boutique business that caters exclusively to film and television; handling these orders would be above and outside our daily operations. Trust me in that nobody on this end would be getting rich off the sale of several dozen T-shirts but in my opinion whomever takes this project on should be rewarded, even if only minimally. I don't recall any kind of agreement stated by TF or me offering any but if somebody wants to run with this I certainly won't object. If you have the means to generate the necessary artwork with colour and font matching, more power to you. I only ask that you respect the effort that went into the design by doing a quality job of reproducing it.
All the best. - Boyd
Yes I have the ability to have these produced in a professional manner. I am willing to finance the production and supply the finished product at cost to the members. I do respect the effort that has gone into the design work and it will be well represented.

Would you be willing to share with me the vector graphics for the logo, strictly for use to make these at-cost shirts for everyone that wants them? The goal here is for us to make it easy to identify each other.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:50 PM   #42

City: Squamish, B.C.
Vessel Name: Change of Heart
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 42
To avoid any possible legal or copyright infringements I'm going to defer to the administrators at Trawler Forum. If they want to contact me for the files I can provide .cdr/.ai/.dxf/.pdf or just about any other format they might like. Once they have the files they can distribute them as they see fit.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:59 PM   #43
Guru

Boyd, I can take no issue with your position. It is entirely understandable.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:22 PM   #44
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Quote:
No Mast, if you have the ability and patience to finance, produce and individually post or ship these, more power to you. We're a boutique business that caters exclusively to film and television; handling these orders would be above and outside our daily operations. Trust me in that nobody on this end would be getting rich off the sale of several dozen T-shirts but in my opinion whomever takes this project on should be rewarded, even if only minimally. I don't recall any kind of agreement stated by TF or me offering any but if somebody wants to run with this I certainly won't object. If you have the means to generate the necessary artwork with colour and font matching, more power to you. I only ask that you respect the effort that went into the design by doing a quality job of reproducing it.
All the best. - Boyd
Boyd, just so I understand this since I have no experience with printing or copyrights or anything creative. I'm just curious for my own education.

When you entered into the contest with TF for the TF logo, did you informally 'give' or 'donate' the rights to the use of the logo to TF/Social Knowledge? Do they need to get your permission to authorize use of the logo on products or apparel? In your opinion, do you believe that you own the rights to the logo or does TF/SK own the rights?

Just don't want to step on anyone's toes while walking into a crowded room.

Thanks!

Update: Just saw your latest post, Boyd. If it's agreeable to you and No Mast, I'll check with 'corporate' to see if I can serve as the go-between to facilitate this non-profit, good will venture.

Custom Google Trawler Forum Search
Old 01-13-2015, 06:33 PM   #45
Guru

City: Hotel, CA
I've got no dog in this fight but whoever winds up printing whatever can put me down for a couple of whatever y'all end up with.

Now I respectfully submit to the committee for consideration: Beer coozies, Scotch rocks, Hacky sacks, Flip flops, bandanas, Nerf footballs and the ever popular Speedo's

Just kidding

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
Old 01-13-2015, 06:37 PM   #46

Considering this was a design "contest" my design was submitted on spec, I don't recall there being any conditions laid out and it was all pretty casual. As memory serves, the winning entry was to be used for the website's header. I suppose that by submitting my entries that I likely gave up any claim to intellectual property. If the administrators care to do some digging I'd think there must be something in the forum archives about all this.
If I can get some sort of confirmation that the master files will be used exclusively for zero profit branding or merchandising then I'll happily submit the master files to TF management. - Boyd
Old 01-13-2015, 07:59 PM   #47
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Recommend that the majority of shirts be sized "XL". In T-shirt clearance sales, all that's left/available are "S" and "M".
Old 01-13-2015, 08:37 PM   #48
TF Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpierce View Post
Recommend that the majority of shirts be sized "XL". In T-shirt clearance sales, all that's left/available are "S" and "M".
Even that is too small for some of us who are too short for our weight.

2XL (or XXL) for me

Old 01-13-2015, 09:38 PM   #49
Guru

I had some T shirts done here last year, $15 using some kind of photo print system, front pocket, emblem and words on the back. Caps too, embroidered, sub $20. Volume reduces price.
Not worth getting them done here, I`m happy to order from the US., once this is sorted out.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:56 PM   #50
Guru

City: Biloxi Mississippi
Vessel Name: Patricia Louise II
Vessel Model: 1983 42' Present Sundeck
Now this is getting promising and hats off to all who have a dog in this race😊. We can't agree on Galley up/ down, the best anchor to use in the mud, or which micron size that should be installed in your Racors... but I think we are about to pull this off. I love the decal idea too.

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️
Old 01-13-2015, 10:14 PM   #51
Guru

Oh forklift this is easy! Down, whichever one holds, and 2.

On the shirts we are waiting on a green light from TF ownership to begin but are fairly confident we will have it soon. Once we have it, Boydster and I will have more info.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:17 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
I had some T shirts done here last year, $15 using some kind of photo print system, front pocket, emblem and words on the back. Caps too, embroidered, sub $20. Volume reduces price.
Not worth getting them done here, I`m happy to order from the US., once this is sorted out.
The photo print process you're refering to and screenprinting are two different animals. The photoprint is a heat transfer process and basically applies a rubber skin to the cloth; they typically don't hold up as long as screen printed and can be quite uncomfortable in hot weather. They are very good for short runs and detailed photo or illustration prints. We do that type of work in-house but I wouldn't recommend it for this application. As far as hats go...embroidered all the way. Have no idea what the cost is but nothing looks worse than a cheap Nascar type ballcap. We are afterall yachtsmen and have a certain decorum to which we must measure ;-)
Old 01-13-2015, 10:36 PM   #53
TF Site Team

Quote:
The photo print process you're refering to and screenprinting are two different animals. The photoprint is a heat transfer process and basically applies a rubber skin to the cloth; they typically don't hold up as long as screen printed and can be quite uncomfortable in hot weather. They are very good for short runs and detailed photo or illustration prints. We do that type of work in-house but I wouldn't recommend it for this application. As far as hats go...embroidered all the way. Have no idea what the cost is but nothing looks worse than a cheap Nascar type ballcap. We are afterall yachtsmen and have a certain decorum to which we must measure ;-)

It's great having a couple of experts on the job!

Old 01-13-2015, 10:40 PM   #54
Guru

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Insequent
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander 50 Mk I
Its a great concept, and I certainly will be a buyer.

Hats off to those offering time etc for free, but I think long term a better outcome is for TF to pay Boyd something for his files. Then the beer coasters or whatever can be added to the range as and when demand arises without adversely impacting on anyone.

But, to TF owners, keep at it cost rounded up to the dollar or whatever. Make your profits from advertisers, don't pi$$ off the members!

Make sure the quality is good. And a cool/lightweight version as well as the heavy cotton is needed, if only for Florida/Queensland members (90ļF & 60% RH as I type, not that bad really....). I'll buy both types though.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:12 AM   #55
Veteran Member

City: La Petite Mort
@TF Moderators. Should we do a blanket email to members with a link to a TF shirt size and quantity thread so we can get a semi accurate count ?

A thread where there is no discussion and people would enter like this

Electro , 1 Med, 1 Lg
Old 01-14-2015, 07:17 AM   #56
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Hats? I agree, a Nascar type ball cap just won't do.

With a special edition for Mr. FlyW'

Old 01-14-2015, 07:37 AM   #57
Guru

I hope the TF management people can work this all out. I would love a sticker and a couple of T-shirts. A BB cap too.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:55 AM   #58
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Could I suggest a complete line of Captains fashions and accessories, including the rugged "Pilothouse" line for the PNW.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TF clothing.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	36386  

"I'd rather be happy than dignified".
Old 01-14-2015, 10:59 AM   #59
TF Site Team

City: Home Port: Buck's Harbor, Maine
Vessel Name: "Emily Anne"
Vessel Model: 2001 Island Gypsy 32 Europa (Hull #146)
Quote:
Originally Posted by healhustler View Post
Could I suggest a complete line of Captains fashions and accessories, including the rugged "Pilothouse" line for the PNW.

No, No! The pink jacket goes on the guy with the pink hat to make a complementary ensemble.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:07 AM   #60
Guru

City: Sarasota,FL/Thomasville,GA
Vessel Name: Steppin Stone IV
Vessel Model: Marine Trader Kelly Trawler 46
Send a message via Skype™ to siestakey
Quote:
Originally Posted by healhustler View Post
Larry the brim on the 7 Gallon hat will need to be corrected for offshore wind

Closed Thread