In addition to Mark I'd like to see Eric Henning get some recognition. Because:
1. He has participated in the forum almost from its inception.
2. He has more boating experience (by which I mean recreational boating) than 99.999 percent of the participants on this forum.
3. His boating experience has been in waters and geography that can be challenging to say the least. (as opposed to driving up and down a ditch
4. He has a wide range of experience in the marine industry from design to manufacturing.
5. He has a curiosity about things that it's a shame more people don't have.
6. He states his opinions about a wide range of topics and then defends them in a logical way based on what he knows, has learned, or has observed.
7. He is receptive to other people's opinions and new ideas and doesn't automatically pooh-pooh everything that runs counter to his own opinions.
8. He is not afraid to change his opinions or beliefs if he's presented with credible facts or information that show his previously held ideas to be incorrect or less than ideal.
9. He has a cool boat and uses it.
10. He has deservedly earned the respect of everyone here, I think, even those who disagree with him at times.
11. While I have never met him in person and most likely never will, I have formed the opinion based on reading his posts over a bunch of years that he is a really nice guy who would bend over backwards to help a fellow out.
12. He has a 4.0 average on his Civil Discourse tests.
13. Everybody on this forum is the richer, I believe, from knowing Eric even if it's only through his posts.
14. And because I don't want a list with 13 things in it, I repeat, he has a cool boat and uses it.