Posts already read

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dark Side

Veteran Member
I've noticed that when I've read the latest posts, that when I come back, even the next day, the same posts are still listed as unread (the orange dot).* Am I doing something wrong -- or not doing something I should?

Thanks, DS

Dark Side wrote:

I've noticed that when I've read the latest posts, that when I come back, even the next day, the same posts are still listed as unread (the orange dot).* Am I doing something wrong -- or not doing something I should?

Thanks, DS

Several things could be happening, or just one.* These dots are changed by how your computer/browser deals with cookies.* If you don' log in you may see one "dot" setting different than if you do log in.* Also, if you change computers or browsers you will see different "dots".* Some folks have their systems set to block cookies and others set to clear them out daily.* You may want to try to Google cookies to learn more.* Or you could look for help on your browser.

I have found that computers work the best if you leave everything set at default, use a good virus checker (I use AVG free edition), install a firewall/router, and keep up with all Microsoft Security updates.* I have never been infected by a virus or been infiltrated (to the best of my knowledge) in over 20 years of personal computing.* I have screwed up lots of stuff thinking that I was making things better/safer.

Good luck!
smile.gif

-- Edited by dougd1 at 17:49, 2008-01-17

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom