Old 12-13-2015, 10:22 AM   #1

Question ads attached to posts

Why is this happening,and how to stop?I just replyed to someone,and my reply showed up with an ad attached that I did not put there.I am noticing this on many peoples posts.
tinped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:48 AM   #2
Guru

City: Hotel, CA
Log in to your account (like you did to post this question) and read the forum. You'll notice those ads are gone. One of the perks of being a member is enjoying the forum with far fewer ads.

Those of you not aware of the ads being referred to here just need to "log out" of your account and read the forum. Log back in and all the ads you saw disappear.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 01:37 PM   #3

thanks,didnt realize I was doing that.
tinped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 05:18 PM   #4
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinped View Post
thanks,didnt realize I was doing that.
When you log in to you're account next time tinped check the box labeled "remember me". Doing so allows the forum software to recognize you and allow you in without the log in process from that computer or device. Not recommended if you are viewing from a publicly shared computer but perfectly safe and acceptable from a private or home computer.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
Old 12-29-2015, 11:34 PM   #5
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Thanks for explaining that Craig. Certainly makes life easier and more pleasant. Until, that is, one is tempted to do the latest OS upgrade, and have to enter all the damn log-ins and 'remember me's again. Bit of a pain that. So much for the pundits always going on about "change your username and password regularly"..!
Old 12-30-2015, 12:25 AM   #6
Guru

Browser upgrades can be a bit of a pain Pete. Monthly(or at least quarterly) password changes are still one of the best defenses against identity theft. Most people have one, maybe two passwords they use for everything meaning if I figure out your email or forum password I likely have your banking ones too.