pictures rotated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddyo

Guru
Vessel Name
Grace
Vessel Make
DeFever 48
My vertical pictures are rotated by the site to horizontal, how do I avoid/fix this?

I've been seeing this more and more lately. Did you take them with your phone? I think the problem is not the site but the phone. I suspect your phone rotates the pictures for correct orientation when you view them, but doesn't actually change the picture itself - just how it is displayed.

What model phone? Maybe this is specific to certain models.

Try loading the pictures on your computer with something like preview (mac) and see how they are oriented, then rotate as needed before posting.

I am sure that twisted tree is right. But when you rotate the pics on your computer, then be sure to save the rotated picture to your hard drive and up load that pic, otherwise you will be uploading the original orientation.

David

Before I post a pic from my cell phone or I pad I have to edit it twice . I rotate it 90 degrees , save and then rotate it back to original save again then post . I'm sure I don't have to go through all these steps but it's the only way that works for me .

I download pictures on my iphone or ipad (and also any camera card) to my computer, then edit them in Photoshop Elements, which lets you crop, rotate color correct and whole bunch of neat stuff.

Peggie
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein

I am sure that twisted tree is right. But when you rotate the pics on your computer, then be sure to save the rotated picture to your hard drive and up load that pic, otherwise you will be uploading the original orientation.

David

Yes, thanks for filling in that little leap of faith :)

Back
Top Bottom