Photos not showing in posts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwhatty

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
"Emily Anne"
Vessel Make
2001 Island Gypsy 32 Europa (Hull #146)
On my office computer running Firefox when someone posts pictures all I see are the blue highlighted words "view photo" and no pics. If I click on the words I can then see the pic (and only that pic).

On my home computer also running Firefox I see thumbnails of the actual pics and when I click on a pic it brings all the pics up in slideshow format.

Can anyone tell me if this is a computer issue, a Firefox issue or a Trawler Forum settings issue. I can't seem to find anything in the forum settings choices that might address this issue though.

Edit: I should add that both computers are running Windows XP.

-- Edited by dwhatty on Monday 8th of November 2010 02:50:08 PM

I use Firefox on a Mac and the forum behaves as advertised. I get thumbnails of photos (except from people who somehow attach their photos full-size to their post) and clicking on them brings them up full-size. The PC laptop I used at work behaves the same way (it's using Microsoft Explorer). It sounds to me as though what you are describing is unique to your office computer.

The only way I've ever had a problem with this (and other) forums is with Safari. It displays the forum and photos just fine. But posting to the forum with photos attached simply doesn't work. But I've found that Safari does a lot of things poorly or not at all so I don't use it anymore. I've never had any problems with Firefox on my Mac.

Gonna have to agree with Marin. It is likely just a setting(or firewall) you have at your office. Have you used a different browser???

Found it. It was a Firefox setting that was blocking auto loading of images from this forum.

dwhatty wrote:Found it. It was a Firefox setting that was blocking auto loading of images from this forum.
Where was it an how did you find it on FireFox?

SeaHorse II wrote:

dwhatty wrote:Found it. It was a Firefox setting that was blocking auto loading of images from this forum.
Where was it an how did you find it on FireFox?

Walt:

Went to "Tools" > "Options" > "Content"* and then looked at "Exceptions" under "Load Images Automatically". For some reason "Active Board" was listed there on my office computer as an exception to sites that were permitted to load images automatically. I then highlighted "Active Board" and clicked on "Remove Site".* All now is well.

dwhatty wrote:Went to "Tools" > "Options" > "Content"* and then looked at "Exceptions" under "Load Images Automatically".
Thank you sir:* I try and learn something every day.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 105
Walt:

That's quite the saloon and I'm glad you didn't get your fingers mixed up.

Not bad for 32' huh? These halvorsens are great!

SeaHorse II wrote:

Not bad for 32' huh? These halvorsens are great!
Yup. Wondering if we can fit more than one car in our transom garage?

Back
Top Bottom