Logging in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rochepoint

Guru
Vessel Name
Roche Point
Vessel Make
1985 Cheer Men PT38 Sedan
Just a question, hoping someone has the answer. I visit the forum daily and sometime during this visits it goes for showing me logged in to being not logged in. No big deal as I just log back in, just curious as to if I am doing something the forum doesn't like?

I would suspect some windows corruption caused by a virus. What browser do you use, you could try FireFox, Chrome or some other free browser found on the web. If you're using MS IE like most of the worlds computers, be aware that most of the spyware, virus and bots are designed to target IE due to the high volume of users. No virus protection is 100%.

-- Edited by DCBD on Monday 21st of February 2011 03:02:54 AM

I used to have that problem until I switched to FIREFOX.

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Monday 21st of February 2011 10:21:09 AM

You guys might want to try NOT backspacing. When you are done reading, posting or editing, click on either "Trawler Forum" or the Thread Title right next door, which you are currently in (those can both be found in the row just below the white text, blue backgrounded column headers). The only time you need to backspace, is after reviewing a posters user details (if you have clicked on their name above their avatar), and want to return to the post. I do this sometimes when I want the poster first name for a reply.

-- Edited by Carey on Wednesday 23rd of February 2011 11:26:34 PM

-- Edited by Carey on Wednesday 23rd of February 2011 11:29:11 PM

Old Stone wrote:

Hi Carey - I agree with you about backspacing not being necessary, but usually, as I am reading a thread, I want to go back several times to see different comments that have been made about the subject, especially when I can't remember which page the comment was made on. So you are correct, no doubt, but when you posses a limited brain like mine, well, what can I say...............
no.gif
If you are using IE open another connection by using the little gray box in your header, then open the Forum in the new connection and you can go anywhere you want on the forum with out affecting your new post or what you are reading.* You have the forum open twice one for post or reading one for grazing or quoting.

Chrome over here....no issues.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom