How do I load a short film?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Durant F

Guru
Vessel Name
Emma B
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 32/34
Techno phobe here
I’ve posted multiple times and attached pictures no problem

When I go to ad a video...
I follow the steps as in the pictures below
All seems well, but when I post...no video is attached?

Please...reply V e r y S l o w l y

I’m not a geek and don’t understand the lingo ��

Attachments

• C97B03EB-B3B9-4875-9B43-5D1FB3ADD737.jpg
    C97B03EB-B3B9-4875-9B43-5D1FB3ADD737.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 442C8AA8-77DD-4F72-AB16-F999D8F14F00.jpg
    442C8AA8-77DD-4F72-AB16-F999D8F14F00.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 82
  • BD4A338A-3CD6-4793-A4B3-0F3C2F5EE294.jpg
    BD4A338A-3CD6-4793-A4B3-0F3C2F5EE294.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 82
Is the video on youtube?

You can embed a YouTube video (provided it's on topic) in a post. Just copy the url of the video from your browser address line and paste it into your post. The video will display when you make the post.

Larry....you missed the “reply slowly” part... :)
Embed? URL? Etc...
I can copy and paste..
The video I hope to attach is to a topic of “your boat in rough seas”
The short video is on my iPad taken punching into good seas with my lil Camano.
As you can see...I tried doing it with what shows when you post, but after several tries, it never shows up once posted...
Plan B?

Durant, upload the video to Youtube.com

It is free and easy to do.

After it is uploaded, you will be given an address for it (where it is on Youtube).

You copy that address and put it into your post here and, voila, the video will appear.

Durant,

The easiest way to share videos is via YouTube. So, in the spirit of "reply slowly:"

1: You need an account with Google. Do you have a Gmail address? If not, create one by going to Gmail.com and clicking the "Create Account" link in the bottom left.

2: Once you have an account an are logged on, go to YouTube.com

3: In the upper right hand corner of the screen you'll see some icons. One looks like a little video camera with a plus sign on it. Click that and choose upload video.

4: Click the big upward pointing arrow in the middle of the screen and it will allow you to find your video on the computer. Follow the instructions provided by Youtube.

5: Once it's uploaded to youtube, sharing it everywhere it a snap. Just watch the video in Youtube and notice the little curved arrow in the lower right of the viewing screen. That's the "share" button. Click it and then click the "Copy" button next to the web address that is displayed in the small text entry box near the bottom of the screen that pops up. This is a direct link to your video. You can paste it into emails, posts, pretty much anything.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Post the video on YouTube, then attach the link.

We have a little widget that will display the video in the post. Just drop the url of the video into your post..

Here goes

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom