GoodAnchorage.com problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, now I'm pissed. I just received an email form these people soliciting my participation in their sight. Has anyone else here received such a solicitation? I'm trying to figure out how/where he got my email address.

It looks like his post peddling his site has been removed? I hope he has been banned as well.

Nope, but will let you know. Also saw saw your post on NOG.

Captain Todd has certainly shown in multiple ways his complete lack of business propriety, starting with direct advertising in threads without even signing up as a commercial member, ignoring of forum rules and now extending to unsolicited emailing. I really hope no one rewards his efforts. And please don't fall for his "doing this to help boaters" routine. It's a site built to make a profit, starting with every click one makes to check it out.

I reported his post to TF team a few days ago and just said this is real fishy raised a big red flag with me

but I have not received any emails at least that did not hit my spam

The mods are on it...

The same guy was banned within about 12hrs from another group that he signed up with.

Besides, why wouldn't anyone just use Active Captain? It already has a huge base of info, works on line as well as off line, and is integrated into many charting programs.

The same guy was banned within about 12hrs from another group that he signed up with.

Besides, why wouldn't anyone just use Active Captain? It already has a huge base of info, works on line as well as off line, and is integrated into many charting programs.
nothing wrong with a little competition.....:D

visit mine... www.insider info on trawler forum members.Com
only $10 per request.

I also tell you which anchor is correct as a holiday bonus. :thumb:

nothing wrong with a little competition.....:D

visit mine... www.insider info on trawler forum members.Com
only $10 per request.

I also tell you which anchor is correct as a holiday bonus. :thumb:

I am going to be on G dock in about 6 hours at Marina Jack's in Sarasota what anchor should I use

Twisted

can you add it to my tab at the bar ?

I totally agree. Competition is good for everyone and I wish them luck in their endeavor. Seriously.
ultimately good competition improves performance and often proves who/what is better..:thumb:

But win or lose, good fans stick with their favorite team...:D

It's just the approach....

And the total lack of professionalism.

There are many commercial members who post here, posting on subject, answering questions where they have knowledge, and contributing to the forum. But they haven't jumped on, hiding who they are until found out, opened a thread just to promote their site without telling their involvement. Nor have they then proceeded to cut down their competition by erroneously claiming false things. Join the forum, don't USE it and ABUSE it.

Commercial memberships were established for those in the business. There are many commercial members here whose businesses I would be far more inclined to patronize having seen them here. But not because of self promotion, instead because of how they've conducted themselves and the knowledge they've shown.

I wonder sometimes why people can't see the damage they do to their own business doing things like this. There's a new boat broker in Florida I would never visit simply because of the way one of the family members promoted on a forum which doesn't allow it and tried to hide his purpose. He had another employee try it first.

Come on, post information about your business only where appropriate, contribute and get to know people. You might also learn something in the process as obviously Todd knows nothing about the competition he claims he does more than.

It's just the approach....

And the total lack of professionalism.

There are many commercial members who post here, posting on subject, answering questions where they have knowledge, and contributing to the forum. But they haven't jumped on, hiding who they are until found out, opened a thread just to promote their site without telling their involvement. Nor have they then proceeded to cut down their competition by erroneously claiming false things. Join the forum, don't USE it and ABUSE it.

Commercial memberships were established for those in the business. There are many commercial members here whose businesses I would be far more inclined to patronize having seen them here. But not because of self promotion, instead because of how they've conducted themselves and the knowledge they've shown.

I wonder sometimes why people can't see the damage they do to their own business doing things like this. There's a new boat broker in Florida I would never visit simply because of the way one of the family members promoted on a forum which doesn't allow it and tried to hide his purpose. He had another employee try it first.

Come on, post information about your business only where appropriate, contribute and get to know people. You might also learn something in the process as obviously Todd knows nothing about the competition he claims he does more than.

Very well said

In my book someday, I'll give many details about this whole subject. The list of forums I've been banned from is legendary.

I know it seems like a new upstart should come on, be friendly, help out, and grow their business. The reality is that confrontation, arguments, and bru-ha-ha's about a particular product are the best things an entrepreneur can do in the beginning. They produce real results and until you are well-established, it's a very effective strategy.

And I know most of the entrenched here won't believe that but the statistics on it speak volumes about how well it works. I can make an equivalent argument showing how Rocna's got such popularity and exposure due to similar techniques.

A few people end up hating you because it's a very arrogant thing to argue a point without backing down. The majority of the world doesn't care and ends up embracing the product assuming it works and provides value.

I doubt any of us likes negative political ads. And yet the media fills with them at every election. But that's only because they work so well.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my book someday, I'll give many details about this whole subject. The list of forums I've been banned from is legendary.

And the fact you're proud of that is most disturbing. In your case I used your product before I ever ran across you. It's a good product, but I still don't like that technique.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom