Bayliner Owners Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MauleOne

Veteran Member
I understand that the large yacht section is going to be combined with Trawler Forum

Sounds like a good idea.

Does that mean Bayliners will have their own section?

I hope so.

Just an FYI, the bayliner owner's club forum just had a big "April Fool's" joke. In that process, the mods (I am not a mod there at all) or someone, in the furtherance of their big april fool's joke, made a comment or thread that BOC motoryacht section was to merge with TF. It was all in jest and is not true whatsoever.
Again, I am not a mod or involved in what was the big April Fool's joke (except beyond enjoying the joke as I saw it unfold), and TF is not joining or merging (that I know of!!) with the motoryacht section of BOC. It was a pretty well orchestrated joke they played at the BOC though. :)

Bayliner

Hook line and sinker

boy did I bite on that one!!

I'll take credit for that one. :)

Thanks Woodsong :angel:

Hey I didn't even know this site exsisted

Until now.

Kevin,
I am still laughing about the joke you all pulled- people sure got hopping mad! :)

Scary, welcome to TF. This is a great place and you certainly have a great boat! Love the 48 LRC.

Some people just haven't got a sense of humor

They really pulled them in. Once again Kevin introduced me to something new. Several years ago Kevin suggested I look at 48 LRCs as a possible choice in my search for a long term long range cruiser. I didn't even know they existed. After looking at long range cruisers for two years we kept coming back to these wonderful old boats. I had a 4788 Bayliner which is a great boat but limited in range and open ocean sea keeping. I miss the speed of the Bayliner but I love the ride, range and livability of my stabilized 48LRC. I'm currently retired and living aboard the 48 getting her ready for an extended cruise to the North West and Alaska. I bought this boat in Seattle a year and a half ago and delivered her to the Bay Area last fall after a year on the Columbia River. The previous owner of 20 years cruised her as far south as Guatemala. These old Hats are extremely rugged sea worthy boats. We came down the coast from Oregon in 30 t0 35 knt winds with several hours of 45knts off the Mendocino coast. The ride is hard to describe tracking straight as an arrow in 12-14' breaking seas. A dry ride with the buoyancy forward keeping the bow high and dry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom