Banner ads blocking first post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DavidM

Valued Technical Contributor
Recently I have been seeing ads for Sams Club that block the first post or even this groups name in the home page. There is no way to click on a box to delete it. Even clicking on it and opening another page with its ad doesn't make it go away. It makes the first post or group unusable.

Please fix this.

David

OK, it happens at random like all AdSense ads but next time I see it I will click on it, copy the url and post it below.

David

Ironically, this had never happened to me before until I clicked on this thread! In fact, it blocked the first two posts on mine. What are the odds?

Anyway, I just did a refresh of the page and it went away. Hasn't happened again since. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Long time ago I installed AdBlocker Plus so I never see any ads.........:thumb:

FYI neither Australian Mod is seeing this, must be a US only issue.

I'm not seeing it either but that doesn't mean it isn't happening. If you can get the url of the ad and perhaps a screen shot it would help immensely to trouble shoot the issue.

FYI neither Australian Mod is seeing this, must be a US only issue.

Of course....your ads show up at the bottom of the page. No problem there!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course....your ads show up at the bottom of the page. No problem there!!

No, ours appear at the top, centre and right top corner. Mine on Safari do anyway.

Sorry Al, I hit edit instead of quote and posted this in your comment first time, hence the edit.

Back
Top Bottom