The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PeterMcc

So as a newbie, I'd like to upload a picture to be my avatar. I follow the directions in the avatar post above and ...

1. The little go-roundy thing does its go-roundy thing for a while and then I get a blank screen with no pic. this is repeatable.

2. If I then go back to the "select avatar" screen there's no avatar shown.

What am I doing wrong?
cry.gif

I believe there is a photo file size limit on avatar photos. I don't remember what it is (I believe it's called out on the site) but if your avatar photo has too large a file size the software won't accept it.

Sorry about the choice of avatars there Peter but I was just testing. I think it is pretty self-explanatory. The pic does have to be less than 5mb(which is huge) and less than 500x500 pixels. Make sure that is the case.

I am gonna go to the stickied post and see that those directions are indeed correct. In the meantime, see if your file is under the maximum. There is no need for it to be big since it will be resized by the software. It will take longer to upload though.

Lemme know if you need any other help.

Well, I finally got it. But it would not upload a pic of 513 KB. I downsized to less than 40 KB and it finally was accepted. I still think the instrs say that larger files are ok and will be resized, but it doesn't seem to happen that way.

-- Edited by PeterMcc at 21:25, 2009-01-26

Glad you got it figgered out there Peter. That one I put up for you was almost 700kb. It also has to fit a size constrait of 500x500. Maybe that mighta been the problem. Anyway, glad you got it done.

Back
Top Bottom