Area for manuals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

troy994719

Just had an idea, what about an area in the forum to upload manuals? *Owners manuals, service manuals or any other good material for engines, electronics or anything else that we can share with each other
I know I have PDF copies of quite a few Yamaha manuals and Lehman manuals I would gladly share with others.

I think that is a good idea Troy and I would dearly love to get my hands on the service manuals for the 120hp lehman however putting them up on the site may breech copyright laws
You would need to look into it carefully

Allan

Ah my son. Ask and ye shall receive. Check your email, Allan.

I surely love to get my hands on a 36 Island Gypsy manual and any other manuals to go with this boat. I have no clue what and where anything is. I just purchased the boat last month and have no idea what all the knobs, screws and levers are for.

AllanY wrote:
I think that is a good idea Troy and I would dearly love to get my hands on the service manuals for the 120hp lehman however putting them up on the site may breech copyright laws You would need to look into it carefully Allan
*I would have to defer that decision to the new Captain (Andy). It may be best to just post a "Hey, I'm looking for a ...blah blah.." and have someone tell you where you may find it. By hosting a site that allows distribution of copyrighted docs sounds a lot like trouble to me.
wink.gif

Also, have you tried Google? I have found manuals for a lot of stuff that I own on line from other sources.

I guess Andy could always start a forum on "Manuals, Documents and Diagram SOURCES" rather than actually posting them for download.

-- Edited by dougd1 on Saturday 18th of February 2012 08:16:56 AM

AllanY wrote:
I would dearly love to get my hands on the service manuals for the 120hp lehman
The Grand Banks owner's forum http://www.grandbanksowners.com/ has a huge manuals section with everything from original GB owners manuals to all sorts of engine manuals, parts manuals, service manuals, generator manuals, you name it.

The FL120 operators and parts manuals are there along with BW Velvet Drive manuals and so on.

We were lucky in that our boat came with the manual(s) for every piece of equipment on board from the FL120 (both the Lehman and Ford manuals plus the parts and shop overhaul manuals) to the BW transmission to the coffee maker, plus the boat's orignal American Marine owner's manual.* The only thing that didn't have a manual was the Onana MDJE generator but a member of the GB forum had an extra copy so he sent it to us.

I believe you have to join the GB forum to access the manuals section, but membership is free although they do request that you send an annual donation to help cover the cost of hosting and maintaining the forum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom