Advertising

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marinetrader

The advertising you folks have chosen is a joke......anything not boating related is not welcome here in my book.

I have a yacht brokerage that would gladly buy related advertising space...

Case in point...see ad

Mike

Attachments

• 2012-07-23_163903.jpg
    2012-07-23_163903.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
I suspect the advertising here is supplied by a service that the forum owers have contracted with. As such, the selection of ads is determined by the service, not the forum owners.

Usually in these cases the ads put on forums, websites, etc. are tailored to the demographic the forum, website, etc. most appeals to. So boat owners have been deemed to be in the demographic which would be interested in Jeep vechicles. Hence the ads.

Given the average age of cruising boat owners I wouldn't be surprised to see AARP ads appearing here soon (if they haven't already--- I totally ignore the ads to have no real idea what's been running here).

I suppose he is going to make a statement about it.

Which he did
Ad infinitum.

SD

The advertising you folks have chosen is a joke......anything not boating related is not welcome here in my book.

Case in point...see ad

Mike

Start your own web site???? :facepalm::D:D:D

Mike - ads are served by google and are based on your browsing preferences, geo location and even keywords on the page. We each see different ads. If you've been looking at fiberglass repair products recently you may see ads from big box hardware stores, if you've been surfing for cool places to visit you may see cruise line ads, etc.

You actually can buy ad space if you like and specifically target the board via google adwords :thumb:

Great example today of how the ads work, and how fast they respond to what you do on the forum. I posted this morning to the weapons preservation on board thread. This evening when I revisited the forum there was a big ad for "Carry Permits: Know Your Second Amendment Rights" or some such thing. So far as I know this has never appeared on my forum display before.

I have no problem with this--- I ignore the ads unless something stands out like this Carry Permit thing, and if the income helps operate the forum I think that's great.

But for anyone who thinks their internet activity is not being noted all over the planet, think again.:)

I went to the Marina today and low and behold a wet t-shirt competition broke out... :oldman:

Can't wait for the advertisement. :peace:

Elwin

psneeld, I actually own two website and am planning another......we will have advertising but only from marine related suppliers

I don't do Google however....no control

Yes. Showed it to my wife and she said "Ha Ha!! You're old!"

Once in a while we clean our spam folders out together and get some good laughs there too. All I can say is people must click on these things for people to pay money to produce and advertise them.

Actually speaks volumes about what marketing folks think of our age demographic.

Max,
That is hilarious. To be forum appropriate though it should say, "We like CRANKY old men!" haha

I am still relatively young so I will do my best to not be offended by this age discriminatory ad! ;)

You know, the sad thing is that dammed near every web site I go to, including this one has an ad for Emergency Response Team Software which I am truly interested in, and although I've clicked on it twice and entered my info, I've never heard back from them. What a waste on both ends.

Actually speaks volumes about what marketing folks think of our age demographic.

Interesting, I'm not seeing these... all I get are underwear ads...

soma.jpg

I would like equal time however.....

dude5.jpg

Just sayin'

They probably don't control the ad choices, or at least not all of them.

I think we have some choice in the ads we get. See the small "AdChoices>" just above the second red information bar on the screen. If you click that, you have options about what ads you get.

Google shows each user ads based on the user's history (i.e. a lot of searches on "girls in bikinis".

Just learned this today...I bet most of you already knew.

Back
Top Bottom