Adding a photo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
I am having trouble adding a photo to my profile. Also my signature.

Since my last post on this subject 3 years ago, I have posted many photos. All of a sudden, I can't post any! When I check the "Attach Images" box, hit the "Browse" and select a photo, and select "Upload", A "pinwheel" graphic appears (indicating "uploading in progress) and it never stops. Checking "Submit" doesn't work either. I have been using
FireFox for three years without a glitch and have tried everything I can think of.

Can anyone shed any light on tis?

-- Edited by coyote454 on Saturday 6th of November 2010 11:20:50 AM

Walt, how big are the files you are trying to upload? *I think there is a 5mb limit to pics. *Even a file close to that size will take FOREVER to upload and appear to hang on the upload screen. *FYI, average point and shoot cameras now shoot files natively larger than 5mb. *My *phone shoots 3mb files!!!!

-- Edited by Baker on Tuesday 9th of November 2010 10:05:14 AM

testing.......

Attachments

• zr6x-3.jpg
    zr6x-3.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 163
That is 222kb file...I also noticed that max file size is 9.7mb!!!!! I can guarandamntee you, Walt, that if you are trying to upload a file anywhere near 9mb you will be looking at that upload screen a long time....especially if you have a less than stellar internet connection.

John:

I couldn't even load a 48kb file last week and I've posted photos much larger than that in the past.

Here's the 48kb photo

Attachments

• stepped sheer.jpg
    stepped sheer.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 178
You get it figured out Walt?

Baker wrote:You get it figured out Walt?
Nope, but for some reason it's working again.

Ok, sorry, a bit off topic, but Walt, that boat is one I grant you the step in the sheer does the business, and looks absolutely right....and there are others, the Nordys spring to mind. Shes a beaut, so glad you got it working. Could it have been a security thing, say from a Firefox update? That browser, which is what you use, does get a bit pernickety security-wise sometimes, like blocking updates etc....so maybe something like that....?

Yeah those Cape Horns were all the rage a few years ago.
I still love em.
There were rumours about of some short commings but can't remember the full story.
A mate of mine got the full oil on a 55 , they looked bullet proof and the company was happy to send out a full CD with all the specs.
I see there is a couple out on the market in the US
Still my ideal in a big boat come lotto time.

Benn

-- Edited by Tidahapah on Saturday 13th of November 2010 10:07:59 PM

No, I wish. That is a highly modified ZR1....which rings in around $110k...STOCK!

When I win the lottery.
wink.gif

Where do I find the spot to upload a picture to my profile?* I am faceless.

Alfton, you are no longer faceless. I just went thru the exercise so I could tell you how to do it. Click on your user name and that will take you to your profile. In the left hand margin you will see "avatar". Click on that. And then you will be given the choice of linking a pic to your avatar or uploading a pic from your hard drive. Just click upload and you will be able to scan files on your own computer to upload as your avatar.

You better hurry or I am gonna keep changing your avatar.....

On my post on general discussion page, "what could this be", the pix came up TOO big,. I think the files were small. wassup widat?

It seems that this issue was resolved seven years ago. But I can’t find a photo or an avatar link when I click the About Me tab after clicking on my name at the top of any page. I must be looking in the wrong place. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom