Old 02-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #1

City: Monterey, CA
Vessel Name: Mahalo
Vessel Model: Defever 44
Ad question

Hey Janet,

Curious if TF makes money if I click on an ad on the site. Google knows what I want to buy but normally I will go to the site directly rather than click on an ad.

However, if it pads the pockets of my favorite sites which are given to me for free, I'll click the ads.

E
Baggiolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
TF Site Team

City: Olypen
Vessel Name: Pacifica
Vessel Model: Cape Dory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggiolini View Post
Hey Janet,

Curious if TF makes money if I click on an ad on the site. Google knows what I want to buy but normally I will go to the site directly rather than click on an ad.

However, if it pads the pockets of my favorite sites which are given to me for free, I'll click the ads.

E
If you're going to a site anyway and have a choice of doing it via an ad click or googling it yourself, click the ad. Every little slice of a penny helps
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
Guru

City: Everett, WA
Vessel Name: Honey Badger
Vessel Model: 42' CHB Europa
It's a difficult place for a forum owner to be. They can't ask that you click through on any ads... but it certainly is the idea. If you see something that perks your curiousity, you're helping the site by clicking. It does ad up. (pun intended)
SomeSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
You should be making a little bit from me opening up ads. TrawlerForum is one of my favorite sites, and because the ads is now my favorite site. Very few of my adds relate to boating. Most are cloths, shoes, cosmetics and blink stuff. Like this morning the ad was ways to plumb you lips. I blame my pucker lines from being a live a board and boating. Pucker factors! However, the smile line is being a live aboard dock queen. The thinner lips well we will not discuss that.
Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote